Chelsiejp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 15, 2018

Serial Number for SoundSport earphones

I do not know where to find the serial number on the earphones themselves? Also how does the serial number on the earphones differ from the one on the warranty card? Is the same serial number on the warranty card the same on the earphone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Serial Number for SoundSport earphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by Chelsiejp

Hello Chelsiejp,

Thank you for writing in. If you peel off the earpiece from left earbud, you will find a 4 digit code that will provide warranty status and information that a Bose Support representative can verify. The 16-17 digit serial number located outside box serves the same purpose. 

Hope this helps! Please enjoy your headphones and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you and take care,

Mohsin - Community Support  

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Chelsiejp

Hello Chelsiejp,

Thank you for writing in. If you peel off the earpiece from left earbud, you will find a 4 digit code that will provide warranty status and information that a Bose Support representative can verify. The 16-17 digit serial number located outside box serves the same purpose. 

Hope this helps! Please enjoy your headphones and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you and take care,

Mohsin - Community Support  

Chelsiejp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 15, 2018

I'm also wondering if it is possible to see/know the 4 didgit code on the earphone when I register them? I want to be able to make sure, should I mix up or lose my earphones, I am able to verify that the earphones are indeed mine.

@Chelsiejp one of the benefits of registering your product is confirmation of ownership. Is that what you are mean? Sorry, I just wanted to be clear about what is being asked. Did you find the 4 digit code on your earbuds?

Thank you,

Mohsin

spiralstability
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

Hi, is there a relationship between the 4 digit number inside the bose soundsport and the registration number? I recently aquired a set and might of had a mix up at the gym locker room.

@spiralstability thank you for writing in. Yes, these numbers are related and should display the same date of manufacturer, or be very close. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Azri
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

Hi why does my bose earbuds have two different manufacture date. Is it normal? And my both earbuds also have two different 4 digit code. Is the normal?

@Azri Thank you for writing in. Do you have the SoundSport Free wireless headphones? That is normal to see two different 4 digit codes as they are meant to identify the Right and Left earbud. Please do not publicly share your serial number or DOM(date of manufacturer); we'll send you a DM to see if we can be of any assistance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

DB1975
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

I am buying a pre owned Bose Sound port Free wireless, but the person fowles not have a bill (misplaced). How do I check between the earpods and the box sl.no to ensure they're genuine, and can register for warranty

Hi DB1975,

Thanks for posting. I would contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support