Highlighted
azlynch
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Should music be listened to in noise cancelling mode ?

I like listening to music from my iPhone 8 Plus with noise cancelling on. However, the music sometimes gets interrupted by a pause in play and noise cancelling turns off and then back on. Should I only play music with noise cancelling turned off?

8 REPLIES 8
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Should music be listened to in noise cancelling mode ?

I have an iphone 7+ and that does not happen on my phone.  If it were happening to me, I would consider that a problem not a normal feature or occurrence.  So the next thing I would do would be to find out on the iphone end is it the iphone bluetooth causing the skipping or the iphone app.  So here is what I would try - a difference music playing app.  I happen to use "Ecoute" for my music player.  It does much better at drill downs from genre to artist to album to track than the standard Apple player.  You can also try a streaming audio application whether it be video based like youtube, vimeo, or vlc or audio based like Spotify.  If it is happening on most of them or all of them, then it is an issue with iPhone 8+ BT (either yours in particular or 8+'s in general.

P.S. - make sure you are on iOS 12.1.4 (the most recent version)

Hi azlynch,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Which noise cancelling headset do you have?  Have you replaced or charged the battery recently?  A low battery can cause audio and noise cancelling dropouts.

Let me know so we can get this resolved.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

azlynch
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

QC25. It is a new headset with fresh battery

Hi azlynch,

Thanks for responding. That's good information. Could we ask, could you try the headphones on a different mobile device for troubleshooting? It would help to figure out if the issue is consistent over multiple devices. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

azlynch
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Good idea. I tried another device and the problem persists. It only happens when noise cancelling is active.

I have also removed the wire and the clicking is happening regularly now. This headset may be a lemon.

azlynch
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Also, I removed the headset and noticed the green light by the niose cancelling swith is flickering on and off

azlynch
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

The flickering green light has allowed me to deduce that the "new" battery was a dud. I have replaced the battery again and this has solved the problem.

I appreciate your support in this process - thank you !

Hi azlynch,

Excellent! That's great to hear - thank you for the update.

I hope you enjoy your QuietComfort 25 headphones and that they serve you well in the future,

Patrick - Community Support