Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

Sound Sport won't turn on

I got these about 6 months ago and love them!  They ran out of battery power on a run yesterday (even though the orange light didn't come on when I turned them on) and I charged them.  Now they won't turn on.  I tried a different wall block and they were warm to the touch and still won't turn on.  Any help would be appreciated.  

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: Sound Sport won't turn on

Did you check if the battery is damaged?

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello there, candacesuarez,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, and sorry to hear about the trouble you are running in to, especially so soon! 

Can you try giving your headset a reboot? Also, we really appreciate the troubleshooting you have done, but can you try swapping out the cable and checking with a different wall outlet? 

Steps to reboot the headset:

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let me know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

I tried a different cord and a different outlet.  I was pretty sure it wasn't the cord as I have a Bose Color speaker using the same charger and the light indicating charging works for that device.  

When I tried to reboot the device I got nothing.  There is no light indicating off or on, but I did give it all a try.  Nothing so far.  Any other ideas?  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@candacesuarez thank you for getting back and for trying out the troubleshooting steps. At this point, my recommendation would be to reach out to your local Bose Support for further assistance. They will work with you to discuss your service options. 

Here is a link to contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Let us know how everything goes for you. 

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

I am having the same issue and have tried charging the battery with multiple USBs to no avail. I too have only had the headphones for less than 6 months, so it's very disappointing. How do I get them replaced?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi KSZ714,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would recommend contacting your local support team using the link provided my @mohsin_h.

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

I have the exact same situation, for the first time in the two months I've had them, they died while I was working, now when I try to turn them on nothing happens! I try reading support but they all say "turn off for 30 seconds, turn on, then wait" seriously I literally can't even turn them on, how would I turn it off to start the troubleshooting
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

I am from Argentina and have the same problem with my 3 weeks old soundsports. I have done everything and still not working. I am waiting for the bose support email to solve the problem but  haven´t response

my email is (**MODERATOR EDIT PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**). I hope you communicate with me

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi maxgiordano,

Thanks for reaching out. I would recommend contacting your local support team. Here is a direct link. You should be able to get a contact phone number for your region.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support