Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevlambe
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2017

SoundLink II Around Ear mic outputs to headphones

When i'm connected to my macbook pro, the mic input from the Soundlink II sometimes gets re-routed to the output that is my headphones so I hear everything the mic is picking up and the audio I should be getting is then extremely loud and distorted.

This occurs at times when certain programs are running (such as android emulator) and to stop it I have to turn off and on again my headphones. Each time I launch a new emulator or interact with it the mic turns on and the output of the mic is my headphones, this gets extremely frustrating as my job requires me to run multiple emulators all day long.

Do you have a fix for this? It's very annoying, can sometimes also give me a fright when i'm not expecting the noice increase.

4 REPLIES 4
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundLink II Around Ear mic outputs to headphones

Kevlambe,

Would it be possible to try it on another device (smartphone, tablet)? It would aid in troubleshooting to see if the issue is consistent over multiple devices. As always make sure your headphones are up to date using the Bose connect app.

Let us know

Tony

Kevlambe
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2017

Hi Tony_G

I have just updated to the latest software version and i'm still getting the issue. It's easily reproducable, just connect the bluetooth headphones to a mac and then start an android emulator. The mic output to headphones is preceded by a loud beep if that's any help.

I have used it on other devices (windows machine, android smartphone, smartTV) with no issue, but I dont have any android emulators running on them, i'll try later tonight to see if it happens on a windows machine with an android emulator running.

Cheers, 

Kev

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Kevlambe,

Thanks for all the troubleshooting you are doing. As the headphones successfully work on multiple devices the issue appears to be on the MacBook pro side. We can further narrow down the issue when you try it on your Windows machine with the Android emulator. Let us know as soon as you have results.

Thanks

Tony

Kevlambe
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2017

Hi Tony_G, 

I think i figured it out and it's not the macbook. I noticed the exact same thing happening when I made a call on my android smartphone. I think the headset is picking up the android emulator as if it was a device making a call and this is the cause of the distortion and weird mic to headphone crossover.

Also, if it helps, it doesn't happen with the iOS emulator so i presume it's an android thing.

Cheers,

Kev