nath_pr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

SoundLink around-ear II Skype/HSP Support

Hello,

I'm interested in buying a SoundLink around-ear II but I've been doing a lot of research and cant find whether its HSP compatible or not - will the mic work with Skype when paired with my computer?

Thanks!

-Nat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundLink around-ear II Skype/HSP Support

Author Accepted Answer selected by nath_pr

Hello Nat,

Thank you very much for your question, I would love to help.

The SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II are able to receive HSP, however this can result in poor sound quality. When pairing/connecting the device, the A2DP Stereo Audio needs to be active to assure high quality audio is sent to the headset which is something to consider.

Also you have stated you would like to use this headset for during Skype calls, when using VoIP services (i.e. Skype or Cisco IP Communicator), the product might not receive an AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) command from the application/service. Without receiving this command, the product can begin counting down its auto power-down timer even if receiving audio from the VoIP service, this is just a point to be aware of however this can be resolved by turning off the sleep timer within the Bose Connect App.

I do hope this helps, if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask! 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by nath_pr

Hello Nat,

Thank you very much for your question, I would love to help.

The SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II are able to receive HSP, however this can result in poor sound quality. When pairing/connecting the device, the A2DP Stereo Audio needs to be active to assure high quality audio is sent to the headset which is something to consider.

Also you have stated you would like to use this headset for during Skype calls, when using VoIP services (i.e. Skype or Cisco IP Communicator), the product might not receive an AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) command from the application/service. Without receiving this command, the product can begin counting down its auto power-down timer even if receiving audio from the VoIP service, this is just a point to be aware of however this can be resolved by turning off the sleep timer within the Bose Connect App.

I do hope this helps, if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask! 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
nath_pr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Thank you very much Tegan! Seems like this will be the one I'll purchase!

BR,

-Nat

Highlighted

That is no problem Nat!

Please let us know how you get on with the SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II, I do hope you enjoy them.

Kind regards,

Tegan M