Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2017

SoundLink® around-ear headphones II - feature suggestion - - Mute function

Love the earphones and use then extensively, paired to my Windows laptop, for colaboration with colleagues on applications such as WebEx, Skype and Skype for business.

The single function that would like to see is the abbility to mute the microphone directly on the headset.

It defeats the purpose of having a wireless headset if I can move around the house, but have to run back to my laptop everytime I have to mute or unmute the microphone.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundLink® around-ear headphones II - feature suggestion - - Mute function

mrobberts

Thanks for the post and for being a part of the community. Glad you love your headset! You can "Mute" the microphone on your headset. Press the Volume + and Volume - buttons simultaneously. A short double beep, descending in tone, will be heard when the headset is muted and will repeat every 30 seconds as a reminder that the headset is muted. A short double beep, ascending in tone, will be heard when the headset is unmuted .

Thanks

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2017

Hi Tony
Thank you very much for the information - I was not aware of it.
I found that this works that this works perfectly when the headset is connected to my iPhone 7.
It does however not work when connected to my Lenovo laptop running Windows 10.
Any ideas?
Many thanks
Marius
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

mrobberts

Thanks for responding. This one is a little tougher. Anyone on the forum want to chime in? It sounds like the button commands from the headset is not transferring over to either Windows or whatever voice over app you are using.

Let us know if you find a solution.

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Just a short, maybe irrelevant, addition from my experience with QC35 and iPhone7. For me the mute is handled on headset level, the phone is not aware of the mic being muted. I'm not sure if this helps you, but I would doublecheck if your computer is really picking up sound from the headset or it just doesn't say it's muted.

Miklos