HBK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

SoundSport (761529-0010) Overcharging?

Hi,

Do the Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones (761529-0010) have a built-in auto-shut-off feature that prevents them from overcharging if left plugged into a wall outlet (not charging case) overnight?

Cheers,
HBK
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SoundSport (761529-0010) Overcharging?

Hi HBK,

Thanks for posting. That's a great question. You can leave the Soundsport headphones plugged in overnight without them overcharging. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

StevoC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

I just needed to be sure on this one so that I don't do any damage.

I only use this pair of soundsport free at home and want to leave the charger plugged in permantley.

Am I safe to do so? No overcharging?

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi HBK,

Thanks for posting. That's a great question. You can leave the Soundsport headphones plugged in overnight without them overcharging. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Hello StevoC,

Thanks for posting, I understand your concern. The charging case (like most modern rechargeable devices) has circuitry that prevents the battery from continuing to charge once full. All rechargeable batteries continuously discharge at a slow rate when not in use. If you were to leave it plugged in, as your battery discharges the case will charge to full and stop. Though safe to do, it may shorten the useful life of your charging case. Best practice would be to fully charge the case, disconnect from power and use normally, plugging it back in when the battery is low. Hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Ramius
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Hi! Im using Soundsport wireless headphones. Been using it for quite sometime now and it’s wonderful. I’m just quite bothered tho. I left it charging last night. This is the first time I left it plugged in overnight. Will this damage the device? I’m a little bit comcerned. Thanks!

Hi Ramius,

Thanks for posting. To be clear, it is safe to leave the headphones plugged in overnight without damaging the battery. For best practices, I would follow the advice offered by @Greg_B for long term use. 

Regards,

Tony G