Ollyvans
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 17, 2019

SoundSport Free Compression and Dynamics

Hi there,

I've recently recieved a pair of SoundSport Free's. I am a music producer and master a fair amount of music myself and would like to find out if there is any compression introduced or balancing in the dynamics of the music? I ask this because a few tracks of different levels seem to be on a similar level when played through the Free's.

Any input would be highly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Free Compression and Dynamics

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Ollyvans, 

Welcome to the Bose Community and thanks for your post. 

The SoundSport free headphones do not actively compress audio that is fed into them from the source. It might be worth checking the music application you are using to ensure any normalization on the software side is disabled as this is effectively acting as a compressor to provide a steady output level between tracks. Many services have normalization built into their settings and can be enabled by default. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Bose Community Moderator

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Free Compression and Dynamics

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Ollyvans, 

Welcome to the Bose Community and thanks for your post. 

The SoundSport free headphones do not actively compress audio that is fed into them from the source. It might be worth checking the music application you are using to ensure any normalization on the software side is disabled as this is effectively acting as a compressor to provide a steady output level between tracks. Many services have normalization built into their settings and can be enabled by default. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Bose Community Moderator

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post