honglong1976
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

SoundSport Free Lag - Fix - info wanted

Hi everyone,

I purchased a pair and noticed lots of lag threads. To help Bose, why not provide more information, rather than lag, fix it! Provide details of your device, os, apps that lag, don't lag.

Model: Bose SoundSports Free

Firmware: 2.6.0

Here are mine:

Device: iPhone SE

NHK Japan - no lag

Movies (Apple built in app) - no lag

YouTube - lag

YouTube (Safari) - no lag

Instagram - lag

Facebook - lag

VLC - no sound (random stutter)

Device: iPad

NHK Japan - no lag

Movies (Apple built in app) - no lag

YouTube - lag

Instagram - lag

Facebook - lag

VLC - no sound (random stutter)

Device: Macbook Pro 2009 Model

iTunes movies - no lag

VLC - no lag

From my testing, it only lags with the YouTube app on iOS, Facebook and Instagram apps and VLC has no sound.

7 REPLIES 7
honglong1976
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag - Fix - info wanted

*** Update to VLC on iOS/iPhone/iPad ***

- When watching a film, there is no sound. Drag the slider forward a little and the sound works. I watched a whole film in sync using VLC.

So from my testing, the earphones are in sync. The problem is the apps. Namely, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.

What devices does everyone else use? (make/model/os)

What apps are in sync/out of sync?

🙂

Anas90
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Hey man, thanks for this thread i really hope it helps as i don't intend to sell my budz tbh.

Phone: huawei p30 pr
Android 9.0
Latest firmware from bose in Android app.
Android app 8.1 ver

YouTube : lag
Netflix : lag
Instagram : lag
Video :lag
FB: i don't own on
Left bud keeps disconnecting when outside and my head turns away.
honglong1976
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Your welcome!

I think this would help Bose more than just complaining about lag. At least then they can find out specific apps or phones that lag.

Just curious, but do you have lag when viewing any of those via the built in browser?

Also, do you know what codec your phone is using? If you switch, do it make a difference?

Codec: SBC, AAC etc.

Anas90
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Hey again honhlong, i did what you asked and the thing is there was no lag, the audio was late. I was using Chrome browser on my Huawei p30 pro, i was watching anime ( attack on titan, the new episode) i was able to see the lips moving but the audio i will get after a second or so but the video was working perfectly. So i can live with it. Tried different sites as well same thing.
I just want to point at when you said that we need less complaining and more info providing. I totally agree with you but at this time i really believe bose themselves gave on the device because it has been a while since the issue was addressed and until now not a single reliable fix. I think if it was a fixable issue they would have done it already. So at this point, costumers do have the right to complain and be mad.
honglong1976
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

I agree totally. We should be able to complain, but also provide constructive feedback, so Bose can hopefully troubleshoot the issue.

Nearly everything I tried on iOS worked without lag. Anything in the browser was ok, so the apps may be the issue rather than the headphones. The more information we provide, the more information Bose have. Hopefully, they will try to find a solution.

With Apple at least, iOS is easier as there are fewer devices, but Android has many devices, many OS's, various codecs, I can imagine a nightmare to support every device.

Hopefully, people fill this thread and Bose use the information to make their product better!

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to provide such constructive feedback on this issue. I can understand why it would be causing frustrations and I will ensure that the developers see this thread for further information about this issue. 

As soon as we have more updates we will inform the Community. 

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding at this time. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Anas90
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Hey again honglong, that is true.
Anyways today i tested my old tablet (Nexus 10 Samsung manufacturered) actually YouTube sound was stable, although there was a lip delay but no lag or video issue. The tablet is running an old android version rooted. Also Netflix appears to be working fine too (also an older version of the current one) but on my Huawei the issue is coming on and off which wasn't the case before. I really can't tell what is the issue here. Anyways thought that would help, i will keep updating as soon as i notice any different behavior.