SoundSport Free Shuts off and audio quality

Wistful Whisperer

SoundSport Free Shuts off and audio quality

Just picked up a second pair of the SoundSport Free headphones as I assumed there was just something wrong with the first pair and returned them. Appears they all have the same issues...

Connected to iPhone XS
Firmware 2.5.6

A) audio quality is constantly changing. Sounds like the difference between playing an audio file with a bitrate of 96k or 256k. It’s extremely distracting as this is constantly happening. I’ve tried holding the phone less than 1ft from my head but that doesn’t make a difference.

B) the left ear constantly randomly disconnects. And the right ear does this as well but not as frequently. To get them to reconnect I need to place them in the charging case and pull them back out.

Battery is 100%. Just wondering if Bose did any actual testing on this product before pushing it out? I have no issues with any other Bluetooth audio devices with this same iPhone XS, so the issue is directly related to these. It’s unfortunate because when they are working correctly, the sound quality is great. But the constant degradation in audio quality and disconnects are making me consider returning them for a different product unless this issue is repaired soon via a firmware update or hardware swap.
3 REPLIES 3
Silent Starter

Re: SoundSport Free Shute off and audio quality

I am having the similar problem
Wistful Whisperer

Also - dont bother using the sleep timer.  It will kick in regardless of if they are in use or not!  Set it to 5 mins?  Listening to music?  Well, after 5 mins they'll just shut themselves down anyway.  What garbage.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Wireman121 - Thank you for alerting me to the false spam flag on that post.  I'll try to look into why that's happening and make sure your message is posted publicly.  Regarding the Sleep timer issue - you may want to add that to you post once I can get it out of the spam filter.  I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks.

Jason.