Kadstrums
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones for calls

Hi, I'm unable to use my SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones for calls . I use Iphone  and my firmware is upto date. Although Ive no issues listening to music making calls is a pain and I had to disconnect my buds for calls. Can someone hlep me out ?

Thanks,

Kad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones for calls

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Kadstrums, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to use your SoundSport Free headphones for calls. 

What exactly do you experience when you try to make/receive a call with this headset?

If you are only getting audio from the right earbud, please note that this is normal. Due to the technical nature of these headphones and the way Bluetooth data is processed (Bluetooth audio data is first sent to the right earbud and then relayed to the left earbud after processing), audio for phone calls is restricted to the right earbud only. Introducing left and right audio during calls would induce a clear audio delay between you and the call recipient. As such, due to hardware restrictions, we are unable at this time to offer audio to the left speaker independently, nor audio to both left and right channels during a phone call.

If you are experiencing something else, do let us know, we'd love to help! 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Kadstrums, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to use your SoundSport Free headphones for calls. 

What exactly do you experience when you try to make/receive a call with this headset?

If you are only getting audio from the right earbud, please note that this is normal. Due to the technical nature of these headphones and the way Bluetooth data is processed (Bluetooth audio data is first sent to the right earbud and then relayed to the left earbud after processing), audio for phone calls is restricted to the right earbud only. Introducing left and right audio during calls would induce a clear audio delay between you and the call recipient. As such, due to hardware restrictions, we are unable at this time to offer audio to the left speaker independently, nor audio to both left and right channels during a phone call.

If you are experiencing something else, do let us know, we'd love to help! 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Kadstrums
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi,

I'm aware  of that right side only for calls but When I use calls over VOIP the calls are super choppy and sounds like ROBOT.

Regards

Tegan_M

Hello Kadstrums, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am sorry that you are experiencing poor audio whilst on VOIP calls. 

Can you please inform us on what services you experience this?

Can you take a normal cellular call off WiFi to see if the poor audio changes?

Please let us know, we'd love to assist you with this. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Kadstrums
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi,

Tried it yesterday after IOS update. Tried over 3G and WIFI and looks much better not having the issue anymore. I'll update you in couple of weeks on the performance.

Thanks,

Balaji