Jorgeguerrero
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 26, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free call audio in both ears PLEASE!

This needs to be fixed, there is not benefits from it, no fit, not covenience not anything, I been a good customer for years but this is making me change my mind
esimpson1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

yeah..  I think most of us returned them.  I tried using them to watch a Youtube video, an it was obvious there was a delay in the sound vs. what the actor was saying.

Bose has gone downhill.  There are better products on the market.  No harm no foul.  Moving on to better products.

esimpson1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Tony,  I think in this case, Bose may have chosen the wrong technology.  Many of us have multiple wireless headsets (Apple Airpods, Jabra Sport Elite, etc.)  None have the issue with the left ear not working during a phone call.)   I could be wrong, but Bose is the only one in this boat claiming that it's a technical limitation.  

wherrer13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

250px-Bluetooth_headset.jpgBasically the same headphones we just spent $300 on.

Basically this is the technology they are boasting.

Highlighted
jonkmiller984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

Hi Tony,

I've been following this thread now for a while, long enough to see how the different community moderators have tried to answer the concerns we are raising and long enough to see some of the community moderators actually try to tell us stuff that isn't true and then walk it back.  I've tried to provide useful feedback and suggestions to make everyone on this thread satsified and the community moderators are not able to accomplish this.  How do I escalate this beyond a community moderator and to a product owner/strategist who is part of engineering and product development?  While I appreciate the service the community moderators are performing here, I would like to escalate this to someone who is closer aligned with the development than marketing/support.

I want to help your product owners/strategists prioritize our use cases and determine if adding dual sound feature in the future is viable vs. just hearing "this is a technial limitation".

Spiff52
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

I believe Bose when they say it is a Technical limitation.  I imagine it is the technical hardware that is in the headset devices that does not allow the communication between the two for telephone calls.  This wouldn't be fixed with a firmware upgrade.  We (the customers) just have to wait until the next version of the device comes out.  In the mean time, find a different device to use for this function or accept the limitations of the hardware.  I'm not upset with Bose. It does say it clearly in the documentation, but until I experienced the limitations it wasn't clear to me how much of a factor it would be in my enjoyment of the headset.

esimpson1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I think people expected more from Bose, whether there is a technical limitation or not.  Like you, I believe it is a technical limitation. 

Bose has a reputation for being better than most of the other players.  It's not rocket science to see that there are at least 5 other companies who can match the sound quality, DO offer binaural capability during phone calls -- and most have other features (gps, heartbeat, etc.)  At the end of the day, it's just a bad product.  Take it back, sell it off -- get something else.  

As they say, it might take a long time to acquire a customer.  It only takes a split second to lose one.  Bose lost one with me.  Good luck to y'all.  

blondeholly
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2018

$200+ dollars later and I find out I should have just kept using my $15 headphones from Amazon because they allow me to hear calls in both ears. 😞 SO annoying.

blondeholly
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2018

This is the most ridiculous response I heard, driving laws!!! I can hear my car audio bluetooth in both ears and all of my plug-in headphones do phonecalls in both ears.  Get a better excuse for your outdated technology Bose.  Also are any important product people seeing  these post or just response monitors.

RONDINNA
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2018

I'm with my neew phones, since 03/11 - TOTALLY disapointed. Bose for the first time made a huge mistake. I was using my SoundSport Wireless and it´s MUCH better than Free. I spent my money for a desapointment and a product with all this limitation.

From now, before i buy another BOSE product i'll take a tour here to know if i am buying for something that is befitting the price.