Highlighted
JSS
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free call audio in both ears PLEASE!

Hi Shiloh,

I find your answer appalling. As everybody in this thread has said, the users of the SoundSport Free are totally dismayed by the design of these earbuds, and there is no other valid explanation than "sorry guys, we f%&/%& up". And then say: "We are correcting it, because we listen to you"

Highlighted
joshwozny@gmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

I have or have had every pair of Bose headphones available since the Bose IE2 and QC3/QC15 - I currently have the Soundsport Wireless and got the Soundsport Free, hoping to replace the wireless because I'm totally into the whole "true wireless" thing - and a lot of times I work at my desk and use my heapdhones for music, then meetings. 

Yesterday, I tried to use my SS Frees in a meeting, only to realize it eas in one ear, and everyone was complaining about how awful my voice sounded. I switched to my QC35's, and all was right with the world again. 

I think I prefer the Soundsport Wireless over the Free

Highlighted
strawso
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

Completely agree.  While the sound quality is great, the right ear only phone calls is ridiculous and the lag in audio when watching video makes it intollerable... and I paid $250 for this.  I regret buying these.  Unbelievable that Bose is still in the stone ages considering may brands with similar products don't have this problem. 

strawso
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

Well put, I concur. 

Highlighted
pxn080
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

+1 to this.

Astonished that they have this technical problem and, further, that having received multiple complaints they havent altered their advertising material to make this limitation clearer.

Returned mine today. As somebody said above, took a long time to acquire me as a customer but not long to lose me

Highlighted
cazv80
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

The left Bose SoundSport Free  headphones are disconnected in open places, in the Bose community I read that those headphones have that problem that solution gives me

Highlighted
joshwozny@gmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

I experienced the left ear bud dropping randomly while out on a hike today. It was very frustrating not having a reliable connection. I don't want to say I hate these, but compared to my regular soundsport wireless, these can't compete.

I really, really want to like the true wireless aspect, but it's not quite there for me.

Highlighted
blumenk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

BOSE Corp: Are you planning to correct this poor design ? I am totally disappointed and thinking to turn back this product. Let me know if I should expect this to be corrected soon or not.

Highlighted
Hvyprq
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

So disappointing to read this thread.

I have been a long time Bose fan. I have loved them for their technical excellence and superb design and then along comes these things...

Seriously how did the design process get so stuffed up that you can't have a decent audio call  and that someone thought it was ok that calls only have audio in one ear? This is so basic and out of step with consumer expectations that i struggle to understand how a company such as Bose would ever have released the product? 

Fix it Bose and fix it fast.  If you can't, fess up and don't insult our intelligence by making out it was intentional.

Back to my apple airpods. 

😞

Highlighted
motoxracer400f
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Just purchased these as my first set of Bose headphones, amazing audio quality but unfortunately way too much latency for video and only the right ear works while using the mic??? Come on, for that price there needs to be a fix otherwise i will be returning as well...