DenisLomba
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free call audio in both ears PLEASE!

It's really unacceptable. Buyers only knows the real features after buying the product. There is no information about this when you're buying. I'm overseas, unable to return the product and absolutely frustraded. I've been buying Bose products on the last 10 years. And now it's over. I'll never try another one.(have all models of QC, some speakers, including Computer Music Monitors ended in 2017). It seems that Bose lost his way and i'll not be and customer anymore. Fell like betrayed. Very sad, but true. The market it's full of nice options that a didn't even considered, as a Bose fan. I fell stuppid. Thanks for that.

Yannis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2018

Hi Tony,

qq, as I've bought them July 23rd, actually the day I was flying out to Europe, and won't be back in the US till August 27th, is there any possibility I get an extension to refund them till then please? I would really appreciate.

BR,

Y

hkaraca
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 8, 2018

Hi, 

I have opened the product and realised it is mono on conference calls. I am based in the UK and got the soundsupport from the US. How can I return it if I want to and can this feature be updated as optional? 

Many thanks, 

H. 

Barry 101
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

I bought the new Jabra Active 65 Elite after sending back the Bose. The music sound is about 8 compared to about 9.25 on the Bose but the phone calls give you great sound out of both ears. As a comparison, my wife has the wireless iphone buds. the sound quality for music is about 7. (out 0f 10) The tech support has been excellent from Jabra.

medellinp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 9, 2018

I am very sad of reading that this is a limitarion of the product, I just bought this product three days ago, Now I want to return it a sson as possible, another very disappointed customer
Barry 101
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

When I sent mine back I got Jabra 65 Active T. They work good.

D_Dubs13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

At the VERY LEAST you should update the firmware so the end user can choose if they want to use the right OR LEFT EAR bud... this ‘technical limitation’ is a SERIOUS flaw design. VERY DISAPPOINTED... I will have to return these as well if Bose is unwilling to promise such a firmware/app upgrade
Highlighted
D_Dubs13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

We need to hear some plans & timelines for fixing this problem ASAP. When can you share?... for me you have less than 20days before I go ahead and return this poorly developed product
D_Dubs13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

Do you remember which software/firmware version you had when stereo audio (sound in both ear buds) worked during calls? @bose Montiors can we download this old version of software if we choose to?

Hello all,

It seems with the additional comments on this topic that a refresher on the design may be helpful in understanding why these work the way they do. The SoundSport Free headphones use a method called TWS (True Wireless Stereo) to allow a truly wireless AND stereo sound experience. To accomplish this we use primary/secondary architecture in which the right earbud is the primary and relays the signal via Bluetooth to the secondary (left) earbud. This technology application truly shines when listening to recorded audio as the algorithms used adjust for the delay in transmission between the earbuds to keep the stereo left/right channels synchronized. Live audio (i.e. phone calls) is a very different prospect.

We recognize that Bluetooth is a common and useful technology for voice calling over mobile devices. We included the functionality to give the SoundSport Free maximum utility. TWS is very adept at synchronizing static, or recorded, audio. Live audio with all the variability of natural language makes lag a very real, and very distracting, outcome. To reduce the negative impact on our customers, yet retain this high demand feature, we limit call audio to the right earbud. This is very common for single Bluetooth communication earbuds. The Soundsport Wireless headphones, by comparison, are linked via cable and do not have to rely on a synchronized Bluetooth signal for stereo audio whether recorded or live. There was never a version of the SoundSport Free firmware with stereo sound on voice calls. It is a limitation of current technology and you can be assured that when we have made the necessary breakthroughs to allow live and truly wireless voice communication, in full stereo, Bose will apply our experience to help our customers reach their fullest human potential.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support