Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free call audio in both ears PLEASE!

I just bought mine today and love the music sound BUT hearing a caller is a 1 star. I gave my Apple Ear Buds to my wife because they did not fit inside ear protectors when I am on my lawn mower. But, the phone reception was a 5 star. The call came through both buds loud and clear. I am very disappointed and why can Apple make the callers voice come through both right and left?
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Well, I went ahead and broke away from my Bose loyalty for the first time in about 6-7 years. I bought AirPods - they do exactly what I want them to when it comes to calls, meetings, etc... I guess my SoudSports will be strictly for working out now..

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Bose please be proactive and fix this ridiculousness. I've always turned to you're products for high quality and top notch audio experience. These SoundSport render themselves useless when all of your competition has out featured you. To offer a wireless headset that only has call technology for one ear is equivalent to selling a car with manual door locks. The functionality is there but the ease of use is completely lost. Shame on you for neglecting to solve this problem. My brother is a PhD in computer engineering specializing in wireless connectivity. He was a lead engineer for Fitbit working on Bluetooth connectivity and your half ass answer of "slave" earbuds shows an exceptional desire to push a product not fully developed rather than live up to the quality we as consumers have grown accustomed to in Bose products.

This is something that can be solved via firmware and it can be done so in a fashion that might experience slightly lowered call quality. If you need an engineer to help you solve it feel free to reach out and I can point you in the right direction. Until then you've lost my faith in your products and I will be returning mine as well.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Bose please be proactive and fix this ridiculousness. I've always turned to your products for high quality and top notch audio experience. These SoundSport render themselves useless when all of your competition has out featured you. To offer a wireless headset that only has call technology for one ear is equivalent to selling a car with manual door locks. The functionality is there but the ease of use is completely lost. Shame on you for neglecting to solve this problem. My brother is a PhD in computer engineering specializing in wireless connectivity. He was a lead engineer for Fitbit working on Bluetooth connectivity and your half ass answer of "slave" earbuds shows an exceptional desire to push a product not fully developed rather than live up to the quality we as consumers have grown accustomed to in Bose products.

This is something that can be solved via firmware and it can be done so in a fashion that might experience slightly lowered call quality. If you need an engineer to help you solve it feel free to reach out and I can point you in the right direction. Until then you've lost my faith in your products and I will be returning mine as well.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Has Bose responded to any of this? Are they planning on doing some kind of update to allow calls to come through both earbuds, or are they simply moving on and allowing us to "deal with it" after purchasing expensive earbuds? I am somewhat shocked at the moment to be honest.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 1, 2018

I have registered today just to respond to this thread.
Like many people here all are extremely frustrated and disappointed with these.
What makes it more frustrating is bose's blatant disregard to consumers expressing their concerns here.
No issues have been sorted inspite of firmware update, AV lag continues, calls are still one ear only.
There is no description anywhere that calls will be in one ear only so in some ways consumers including myself are feeling cheated I guess by such a reputable company.
They have lost my trust of over 10 years, I have their Bluetooth speakers, wave audio cd system, noise canceling headphones, noise cancelling earphones, two pairs of Soundsport wired earphones.
But this item is their most expensive and worst ever investment ever from my side.
Shame on you Bose
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 7, 2018

SO the answer to the original question is NO we cant provide call audio in both ears?

Can you please advise if you ever will fix this or if i should return my Bose headphones and go with a different brand who can offer this (seemingly basic) ability? I am comfortable having minutely inferior sound quality to be able to hear calls from both ears. 

Appreciate you will run with the whole better sound quality (agreed), comfort (irrelevant), fit (irrelevant), and convenience (irrelevant) but that does not provide any real validation as to why it was not included as a standard feature when other brands offer this and are still comfortable, fit fine and are equally as convenient. 

Please advise. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

I highly doubt they will be fixing or addressing this issue. I'm sure it's causing some backlash from loyal consumers. It's pretty sad to see a bose product have 3.5 stars on amazon and I'm confident that will continue to plummet. Really wish you guys would address this issue head on and fix this. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 30, 2018

Im just wondering if anyone has found the problem of the right earpiece only when a phone call comes in. I paid big money and for it to do this. They're great with music but with phone calls it sucks.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I was very excited to get them as soon as they were available. I never dreamed they would limit the call capability to the right ear. It didn't take me very long to return them. I will happily make a trip back to the Bose store if you correct this issue. Until then, it's a hard pass for me.