Hayseed66
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free call audio in both ears PLEASE!

Hello, Greg:

With all due respect, your response was an excuse, not a reason. Apple AirPods do not struggle with this issue. Jabra doesn't struggle with this issue. So, it's not a limitation of current technology. It's a limitation of YOUR current technology. 

I should also note that your explanation is an acknowledgement of the bull**bleep** answer a previous moderator (Tony) gave us when he said it was a decision based on safety. That was obviously a lie and an insult to our intelligence. 

A word to the wise would be to simply acknowledge that your customers aren't happy with your current offering rather than trying to bull**bleep** us again. It's disrespectful to your customers to expect that you can piss on our legs and tell us it's raining. We are aware that current technology is fully capable of quality sound AND phone calls in both ears simultaneously without a connecting cord. It's just not available for longstanding Bose customers without going to other brands (which many of us have apparently done). Pay attention. Don't alienate your customers and don't take too long to bring us back or you'll lose many of us for good.

Do better. 

minelson33
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Couldn't have said it better. Only thing that I will add is that I was a former Bose customer that spent >$1000 per year and this headset and, more importantly, the unfortunate demeaning / condescending responses from Bose as it relates to this terrible product have caused me to look elsewhere and see that there are many excellent audio products with professional support departments out there. I'm done with Bose.
panic1013
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

but you could have let them repeat in stereo like the Apple Airpods, no?  This was an extreme disapointment for me, as it renders phone calls useless in busy and noisy places like airports, etc.  

benjii23
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

This is a huge oversight. I often cannot use that phone function as the softest of traffic or other background noise drowns out my calls. An overall disappointing product and this feature really takes the cake. I mostly use my $5 apple buds again... It was a joy to put them back in!
braj_chan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 1, 2018

Hi everyone,
This is it guys, I have had gut full of these earphones. I have sold it now. Time to move on. Good luck to the rest of you who are still holding on to it.
arshadmrao
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2018

OMG i was so happy when i buy Bose sport soundfree i do not understand your explainnation below.you said Bose abide with driving laws and regulations??? Then why Apple didn,t follow that same rules.

i am gong to return this **bleep**ing Bose  

Hi arshadmrao,

Thanks for posting. Sorry about the miscommunication.  The reason the SoundSport Free only has calls in one ear is that the SoundSport Free headphones were designed for single earbud usage while on phone calls. This is a technical limitation of the Truly Wireless Technology that we utilized for the headphones where the master (right) earbud cannot send call audio to the left earbud. This is typical of this technology and there are several other benefits to using this, such as comfort, fit, and unrivaled sound quality, as well as convenience.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

minelson33
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

You wrongly state that "This is typical of this technology" where I am only aware of one set of wireless earbuds on the market today that exhibit this FLAW, the Bose SoundSport Free.   

One would think that at some point, someone from Bose (maybe a product manager type) would come to this thread and apologize for a terrible product and promise to do better on the next one instead of continually offering nonsense-filled explanations and excuses for why it isn't broken.   With each reply of the latter type, I have to think that you push another segment of a loyal customer base to your competitors.

esimpson1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I keep reading these messages because this has all the makings of a recall.  

That being said, I think this product is indicative of Bose not paying attention to their customer, or at least not asking them the right question.  There's a LOT of anger here about the sound not going through both ear pods during a call.  Even now, probably 99% of headphones with a mic are either single ear, or the second ear isn't used.  It's more common now, and that doesn't stop at wireless technology.  I use the Jabra (65t Elite Sport and their first attempt at wireless earbuds.)  Anyway, I've used about 10 different brands so far, and Bose is the only one that can't do that.  Maybe I got lucky and didn't find another product that can do it.  

Really, Bose needs to recall these.  People don't want to have something hanging out of their ear if no sound is coming from it.  Competitors can do this.  Your customers are speaking directly to you:  This product does not meet the features/functionality that your customers want.  Let's move on.  What's next?

sraj49
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2018

I am items disappointed. I can understand that in several countries for to legal limitation you can have boss on only one ear while driving. But this should be an option for the uses who pay US$200/-. Lot of people have hearing better in one of the cars.n the option should be left to the user to choose left, right pro both when they are at home.