Vref
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free call audio in both ears PLEASE!

Tony you need a NEW ANSWER! You are just repeating yourself.  We ALL KNOW that whole answer.  You are NOT being helpful AT ALL.  The answer EVERYONE wants now is WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM?? When is a new version coming out that CAN ha phone calls in BOTH ears? 

Hayseed66
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 10, 2018

#smdh

I have long been an evangelist for Bose customer service. But I have seldom seen such tone deafness anywhere as I see with these responses. I guess when you fail, you fail hard. It’s most unfortunate.

Kcnelson92
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

I'm just posting as a person that tries to see this from multiple view points. The one that stuck strong to me is maybe it's more of a safety thing cause I know they are good at blocking out sound but maybe it's to help you stay alert while your conversing
Hayseed66
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 10, 2018

False. Their other headphones do not have this “safety feature.” No other company has it, either... because that’s bullsh*t.
joshwozny@gmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

It's definitely not a noise blocking thing, because the whole point of the soundsports is to let sound in so you can pay attention to your surroundings. 

But, I have to call shenanigans on othwer companies not doing it. I tried out a pair of Sony true wireless last week, and they will only do calls or meetings in the left ear, which is the main connecting ear. So, there's definitely something there, but it's definitely the reason I prefer the Soundsport Wireless.

Anthony563
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

Is this for real? So I just bought mine yesterday and no where does it say that this is a limitation. This is really bad for a company that used to be a leader and respected. No wonder many are buying other products now. This was my last product I will ever buy from Bose. So dissapointing!!

joe@aliveatwork.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

Just bought the SoundSports Free and on phone calls it is only the right ear. Just read the b.s below ... ARE YOU FRIGGING KIDDING ME???  The Jabra Active 65t's sound practically as good AND WORK IN BOTH EARS!!! These are lame and are going back to Best Buy.

Hello All,

Thanks very much for sharing your comments here. We hear your feedback and appreciate how frustrating it can be at times. When call audio is heard only in the right earbud, the headphones are functioning as designed. Gaining call audio in the left earbud is not something that is likely to change with a firmware update, however if there is new information regarding this subject we will definitely share it here in the Community.

As this thread has now extended for a very long time, we are closing it. As always, if you have additional questions or comments please feel free to open a new thread for discussion. Thank you for participating in the Bose Community forums!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support