Highlighted
JaDaBe25
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

SoundSport Free disconnecting frequently

Hi, I recently purchased a Soundsport Free the other day. The first day I run it, there are no problems. Just a day later, the Earphones disconnects randomly (after 10 minutes of playing) and am unable to reconnect again without restarting my phone and my earphones.

I have the Bose Connect app installed and had already installed the latest firmware before using it the first time.
My phone where the app is running fro. is the Samsung A3.
This has happened 3 times now today
7 REPLIES 7

Re: SoundSport Free disconnecting frequently

Hi JaDaBe25,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundSport free, I'll do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend clearing the paired devices on the headphones. You can find how to do this here

If you are still experiencing issues please come back to us! 

Hope this helps!

Jessie - Community Support

JaDaBe25
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Yes, the issues still persisted. The issue is not with the pairing as I learnt after a month of this problem. The pairing only connects again when the whole phone is restarted, so I am suspecting that the problem lies with the phones connection itself. At some random point, the phone disconnects with the BT devices and cannot reconnect without a full restart

Hi Jadabe25, 

Thank you for posting. I am very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue, however I would love to help. 

Thank you for trying those troubleshooting steps, could you please try uninstalling the Bose Connect App and re-downloading it again. 

When clearing the device list on your headphones did you also clear the device from your mobile? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JaDaBe25
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

I will try and see if reinstalling the app will work. As for the bluetooth, i did a full reset, with clearing from both devices as though they were fresh. But I still got the same results. I will post again if reinstalling the app fixed the issue in a few days (to be sure)

Hi Jadabe25, 

Thanks for your post and update. 

I look forward to hearing the result from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JaDaBe25
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Unfortunately, this problem still persists after reinstalling the app. It even appears to be getting more frequent.

Hi JaDaBe25, 

Thanks for updating us, we are very sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with Customer Support via this link. Kindly scroll down to the region you are from and click customer support and they will be on hand to help. 

I am sorry that we couldn't assist you further on this matter. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B