SoundSport Free left ear buds doesn't work during a call !!!

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

SoundSport Free left ear buds doesn't work during a call !!!

Hi Dear Authorized

SSF's poor audio quality during a call. Why doesn't work left earbud while calling?
If there is a cause? It must be selectable choose I think!

But, you don't make the stereo audio during a call, We should know that!

Can it be possible new firmware for that issue?

My SSF firmware version 1.4.5

My Bose Connect App version 5.2.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by fgungormez

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundSport Free left ear buds doesn't work during a call !!!

Hello fgungormez,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. This is normal as the headphones were designed for single earbud usage while on phone calls. I appreciate the feedback, and I will follow this up with the product team. 

Thank you again and have a great one!

Mohsin - Community Support

6 REPLIES 6

Hello fgungormez,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. This is normal as the headphones were designed for single earbud usage while on phone calls. I appreciate the feedback, and I will follow this up with the product team. 

Thank you again and have a great one!

Mohsin - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Is there any plan to fix this?  I have significant hearing loss in my right ear and need to have the left earbud to make out voices.  I have been a bose customer since I bought a pair of QC3s over 10 years ago.  I can't believe Bose would be this thoughtless about product design! 

Audible Advocate

I don't understand unfortunately, this must be selectable! You are saying this is normal, how is it?

I listen to an audio message being stereo on Whatsapp!

I listen to google maps app being stereo!

I want to stereo audio quality during a call.

maybe, My right ear doesn't hear very well?  What can we do?

You must be new firmware for this, and it can be selectable on Bose connect app settings stereo or mono audio during a call.

Everyone's want to this. You should be evaluating this problem, because very important.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Also,

The other brands are working being stereo during a call! (Beoplay E8, Air Pods, Jaybird,etc.etc.)

Audible Advocate

Soundsport free call from both ears please!!

Hi there. I've been a Bose user for quite some time and I always recommend your products. This is why my girlfriend got me these Soundsport free. Sadly, I got dissapointed when I realized sound comes only from one ear when you're in a call. This is specially frustrating for me as I am partially deaf from RIGHT ear, which is the one who has sound when in a call

Please fix this, It can't be true that you're going out to the market without this feature.

All your previous wireless products has it, so this is the minimum we expect

Re: Soundsport free call from both ears please!!

Hi jchacana,

Thanks for posting. This is normal behavior of the Soundsport Free. The SSF's utilize the master/puppet design so the signal flow is as follows: your phone will transmit a BT signal to the right earbud (master) which will then transmit that data to the left earbud (puppet).  The audio while on a phone call is intended to only play through the right side so that is working normally.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support