Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srb1961
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

SoundSport Free power on/off

Is there any way to turn these on or off without using the case? 

I'm generally very pleased with the sound and build of these earbuds, but the charging case is too large to be truly portable (espcially for a man, who doesn't carry a purse!). And yet I cannot find any way to turn them on or off -- either using the buttons or the Bose Connect app.

Help?

3 REPLIES 3
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundSport Free power on/off

Hi srb1961,

Thanks for posting. You are correct, the only way to turn off your headphones is to insert them back into the case. That's a great idea, we will pass it along to our engineering dept for possible future development.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Suppport

Erikgron
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

Hi

I have the same problem and realised that on a new version you can set the stand by timmer. Here is were the confusion starts: in order to save battery and set the earphones off quickly, should I select the option “5 minutes” or “never”. I get that when you need to pair them again I’ll just have to hold The Bluetooth button again and whe’re good to go. I’ll appreciate your feedback
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Erikgron,

Thanks for posting. That would depend on you. If you are finding that you are not using your earbuds for a considerable time, then setting the timer might be a good idea. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support