Highlighted
redtank678
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

SoundSport Pulse won't integrate in Apple Health

I have an iPhone X running on iOS 11.2.1, the most recent iOS build, and paired it to my new Bose SoundSport Pulses with firmware 1.2.7, also the most recent firmware. I followed the instructions given on your homepage to do so.

In the phone's Settings -> Bluetooth, I can see two entries for the buds, one for the audio connection, one for heart rate monitoring. In the Bose Connect app or apps like Runtastitic Pro or Runkeeper, I can now see my heart rate monitored by the SoundSports perfectly, so I assume I succeeded in paring the ear buds correctly. 

My problem is, that I cannot see the SoundSport's heart rate readings in the Apple Health app. When I go to Apple Health -> Data -> Vitals, the red bar on top shows my least reading from when I had a HR belt, but no reading from the SoundSports. What am I doing wrong here?

Following similar posts from this community (e.g. SoundSport Pulse and new Connect 5.0 for IOS (Apple Health Kit), I tried to restart my phone several times, removed the ear buds from the bluetooth settings, added them up again, deleted the Bose Connect app etc. but that would not work for me.

Could you please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here or if this is a reckognized problem Bose is going to fix in an upcomming firmware update?

Thank you very much for help!

- redtank678

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundSport Pulse won't integrate in Apple Health

Hi redtank678, 

Thank you for reaching out! I'll be glad to help you in any way my friend. Just to be sure, I did come across your post in another thread here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Heart-rate-not-showing-in-apple-health-after-firmw...

A friendly user did reply with a solution that seemed to work for them. Did you happen to look over that? 

I also came across a tip from Apple's support page here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203037

Not sure if it will apply to you but it suggested to make sure Fitness Tracking is turned on. (Tap Sources, Privacy Settings > Motion & Fitness)

Let me know when you get the chance! 

Be well,

Mohsin

redtank678
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Hi @Mohsin_S,

Thanks for your reply - yes, I did try out the suggested workaround in that other post (please note it's a workaround - it is not a fix, the error still remains in the communication between the iPhone and the ear buds - does not work for me. Whereas other users get a working integration at least every once a while (probably on iPhones 7's and earlier), I do not get any integration on my iPhone X ever), I did check the privacy settings on the phone and I also read the Apple instructions.

The integration of heart rate data into Apple Health is faulty for everybody to a certain extent and I would expect that to be looked into by technical support.

alchie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

I am having the exact same problem with SoundSportPulse with iOS 11(with all the updates including 11.2.2).

I tested my headphones with an iPhone that's running iOS 10 and it was able to connect to apple health instantly & track my Heart Rate.

Please provide an update with when Bose plans to fix this issue on iOS 11, it's a pretty bad user experience to not be able to use Apple Health.

Masahiro Furuki
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

Your reply does not solve my problem at all.

LiterOfCola
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2016