Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

SoundSport - Right ear louder than Left

I was at the gym this AM and the right side of my SoundSport wireless earphones were louder than the left. Is there any way I can fix them myself?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundSport - Right ear louder than Left

Hey uncovered3rd!

Thank you for joining us! That is unfortunate to hear about your headset. Those are actually my favorite ones to use, have them around my neck all of the time. 

Let's definitely try to amend this together so you can get back to enjoying some of your music while at the gym! 

Have you tested the headset with another device by any chance yet? Just want to check if the issue is consistent with something else. I am also going to provide the steps to give your headset a fresh reboot below to see if that helps. 

To reboot your headset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Can you update me on your findings when you get the chance?

Thanks again!

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Hello, 

I'm having the same exact problem!

I've gone to the suggested steps and still having the problem. 

Anything else I can do?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

Hi All, 

I started to have the same issue just a week ago with the only difference that it's my left earbud that is louder than right. You can clearly feel that the bass in the right earbud is lower than in the left... I followed the instructions above, used my second IPhone, adjusted the balance, same issue.  I love my SoundSport earphones but it's really uncomfortable listening to music with them these days, the feeling is like I am deaf on right ear.. Anything you can help me with the issue?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@tk13 and @serinblack Hey thank you both for performing the suggested steps. My best recommendation at this point would be to reach out to your local Bose Support. They will help with discussing your exchange options so you can get back to enjoying your favorite content!

Here is a link to get contact info in case you need it

Thanks again,

Mohsin