Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

SoundSport & Chrome Book

I have a set of Bose SoundSport earphones. I have been able to connect them over BlueTooth to an Apple iPad. They also connect to a Windows 10 Dell laptop.

However, when I try to connect the Bose earphones to a Google Chrome Book, I get an error "Authentication failed while connecting to LE Bose SoundSport".

Does anybody know what I need to do to connect the SoundSports to the Chrome Book?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: SoundSport & Chrome Book

Author Accepted Answer selected by sprezzatura

Hi there @sprezzatura and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had connecting your SoundSport headphones to your ChromeBook and would be happy to look into this for you!

I do have a few suggestions here for you 😊.

Firstly, I would ask that you clear the Bluetooth list of your SoundSport headphones. This is usually done by holding the Bluetooth button on that device for 10 seconds until you hear the prompt that this has been cleared. When cleared, please try to remove this from your ChromeBook interface before attempting a new connection.

Following this, I would advise that you ensure your headphones are up to date. You can do this by connecting the headphones to your Windows 10 laptop via the USB-A-->Micro-B cable, and going to our updater website. The instructions there will guide you through updating your headset.

As an additional note, can you please also ensure that your ChromeBook itself is up to date? There is a page here on the ChromeBook website for how you might go about this. 

Please return to me when you can to let me know how you get on, or if you have any questions!

Liam W - Community Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by sprezzatura

Hi there @sprezzatura and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had connecting your SoundSport headphones to your ChromeBook and would be happy to look into this for you!

I do have a few suggestions here for you 😊.

Firstly, I would ask that you clear the Bluetooth list of your SoundSport headphones. This is usually done by holding the Bluetooth button on that device for 10 seconds until you hear the prompt that this has been cleared. When cleared, please try to remove this from your ChromeBook interface before attempting a new connection.

Following this, I would advise that you ensure your headphones are up to date. You can do this by connecting the headphones to your Windows 10 laptop via the USB-A-->Micro-B cable, and going to our updater website. The instructions there will guide you through updating your headset.

As an additional note, can you please also ensure that your ChromeBook itself is up to date? There is a page here on the ChromeBook website for how you might go about this. 

Please return to me when you can to let me know how you get on, or if you have any questions!

Liam W - Community Support

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Worked great! Thanks.

Updated my SoundSport and ChromeBook, now they're talking.

Replaces an overpriced, useless iPad.