Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick1186
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

SoundSport wireless free spotty/weak Bluetooth Connection

Has anyone else had connection issues with the soundsport free headphones? I've had them for a few weeks, the firmware is up to date, but they seem to be unable to maintain a strong connection to Bluetooth devices. I use them at the gym and connect to my phone (Nexus 6) and my iPod classic via a Bluetooth adapter. Sometimes I can be as little as 3 feet away and the connection will stutter then pick back up. I never had this issue with my powerbeats. I'm considering trading them for the soundsports. The issue happens a lot of I turn away from the device or simply moving around.
6 REPLIES 6
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: SoundSport wireless free spotty/weak Bluetooth Connection

Hi Nick!

Welcome to the community and thank you kindly for reaching out.  It definitely sounds like your headphones could be experiencing an issue with their Bluetooth capability - I'd like to suggest that you reach out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to take it from there.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes!  I hope you enjoy your day.

Take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

Nick1186
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

I've already emailed them with my concern. Thus far they gave me the generic steps to dealing with common issues. I replied to let them know that this isn't a simple user error. I've been using Bluetooth technology for quite a while now and this issue is unique to either this model of headphones or more specifically my pair.

On that note I have not received a response yet.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Nick1186

Thanks for responding. You might get better results if you call the contact number listed on the page. 

Hope that helped

Tony

Nick1186
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

I did finally call them. Solution is to replace the headphones. I'm just trying to get an idea from the community if this is an isolated issue or if it has been a common occurrence.
JDCbus
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

I have the same set of headphones and the same problem. It seems the distance from your pocket to your head, combined with the interference your body provides is too much for the signal to handle. It's disappointing because i like the look and fit. But i bought them to keep my phone in my pocket at the gym. And my music cuts out for 5 seconds out of every 2 minutes.
Nick1186
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

That sucks you are experiencing the same issue. After around a month of that use I've still run into the same issue. If I turn my head the wrong way or even randomly I will still lose signal. I hope, in good faith and customer service, they will fix this flaw and take care of those who purchased these headphones at no cost. We will see.