Soundlink Around Ear 2 wireless AAC support

Audible Advocate

Re: Soundlink Around Ear 2 wireless AAC support

Hi Greg, thanks for chiming in. I've ordered the AE 2 and will report back.

FWIW, I previously owned the Soundlink On-Ear II which, if I remember correctly, did appear to support AAC according to Bluetooth Explorer on macOS. Hopefully this also applies to the AE 2. Will let you know!

Hello All, 

I would like to apologize for the categorical statements I made regarding the SoundLink Around Ear II wireless headphones' support of AAC. I'd like to thank @rbarthomeuf and @cphilli5 whose statements prompted me to investigate with Product Management and Engineering leading to the confirmation that our reference resources were incorrect. The relevant resources have been updated to reflect the fact that the SoundLink Around Ear II wireless headphones do not support the AAC codec, only SBC.

I appreciate the measured and even-handed way you disagreed and offer this as proof of the fact that we strive to hear every voice and appreciate your input even when it conflicts with what we believe we know. 

You have made the Community better today, thank you.

Best Regards,

Greg_B - Community Support

Silent Starter

Greg_B will there be any plans to support AAC via a firmware update? Many of us purchased these headphones believing they supported AAC and it's really dissapointing to find out that they will never sound decent on any of my iOS / macOS devices.

Highlighted

Hello esetnik! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am not sure what the plans might be for the SoundLink Around Ear 2 headphones. I have flagged this feature request as of my last post for our Development teams. If we get more information we will share it with you here in the Community. 

For now, due to it's age and since there is no new information available, I will be closing this thread. Please feel free to begin a new conversation should you have additional questions or comments.

Thank you for participating in the Bose Community!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support