Parlynian
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

Soundlink Mic fails to be recognized in Win 10

When connecting a soundlink over ear headphones, Windows 10 does not recgnize the mic at all.

Removing the device and manually readding it resolves the issue, but every time you charge the headphones, you have to repeat the process.

6 REPLIES 6
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundlink Mic fails to be recognized in Win 10

Hello Parlynian,

Thank you for writing in! Sorry to hear about your experience, we can try to help you here.

Have you verified that your headphones work fine with other devices such as a smartphone or tablet? Please also confirm that you have the latest Bluetooth drivers(from the chipset manufacturer recommended)  installed on your computer and that the SoundLink headphones are up-to-date with the latest firmware release. You may visit btu.bose.com to check for updates. 

Let us your findings when you get the chance.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Parlynian
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

@Mohsin_S wrote:

Hello Parlynian,

Thank you for writing in! Sorry to hear about your experience, we can try to help you here.

Have you verified that your headphones work fine with other devices such as a smartphone or tablet? Please also confirm that you have the latest Bluetooth drivers(from the chipset manufacturer recommended)  installed on your computer and that the SoundLink headphones are up-to-date with the latest firmware release. You may visit btu.bose.com to check for updates. 

Let us your findings when you get the chance.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Yes indeed; I have the latest firmware update and that did not resolve this problem.  My mic is continually not recognized when pairing completes and I have to manually remove it and re-add it to Windows.

Aside from some of the other issues named here in the community which I have also experienced; this one is the most agravating.

This headest works seemlessly with my iPhone, iPad.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Parlynian,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Is the Bluetooth card built into your computer or is a 3rd party USB dongle? Do you notice if 2 profiles or only 1 shows up when you are pairing the headphones?

Has this worked without issues in the past or has it always occurred?

Regards,

Joel

Parlynian
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

The bluetooth card is a targus dual channel bluetooth 4.0 USB card.

Only one item shows up when pairing in the windows "Bluetooh & Other Devices."  and this is true when it is working correctly, as well as when it is not working correctly.

When pairing is broken:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

When the paring has been repaired:

Audio section is the same as above, but sound settings is now correct.

Capture.PNG

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Parlynian,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

The following post may be beneficial in helping you troubleshoot this, it's located HERE

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Joel 

Parlynian
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

OK,

So this post essentially states that this is beyond Bose's controle because that's just one of the limitations of bluetooth, however, your datasheet claims multiple connections should be functional.  I understand what you are attempting to convey: Micorosoft's OS is not designed to play well with Bluetooth and all bluetooth devices from many manufacturers suffer the same problem.

However, here's the problem I have with that mia culpa:  Before going to Bose, I've been using the Logitech H800 Bluetooth headset without any of these issues.  I never had these issues at all and was able to pair with both the computer and my cell phone.  So this kind of puts a severe kink in the general statement that this is a problem all bluetooth headsets have, because all of them dont have this problem.