Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Soundsport Free Battery Draining

Hey keergxn!

Thanks so much for joining the conversation, I'm very sorry to hear that your new SoundSports are giving you trouble. I have a reset procedure that I'd like to suggest for you:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If the reset doesn't help the issue then it would be time to reach out to customer support here. Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

Please feel free to keep me updated!  I'd love to hear how it goes.

Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C 

raphaex
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Same issue here, I have the headset for over a month but I start using them now and I just notice the same problem.

I guess it takes about 7 days to completely drain the battery case. Very strange. Will try to reset it and see if it solve the problem.

Also doing a firmware update! Hope I get luck since I live in Brazil and we can’t buy or exchange those here.

Will keep you guys posted.
mcregal
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

I tried all these and no luck.  I went to a Bose store in HK while on vacation...the guy tried to hardwire and update the firmware on the earphone...that failed and kept failing which rendered the device unusable (which was unacceptable)...

Finally got back to the US and went and exchange the unit in best buy.  THe new unit works perfectly.  It does not drain the battery and charger anymore.  It charges when its low and stops charging when its full leaving extra charge in the case...

Must be a very defective unit.  

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi mcregal

Thanks for the update. Im happy it worked out for you.

Take care

Tony

Ikatz001
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

Same exact issue here. Battery drains in the case as well as the buds. The contact support link is useless just sends you to the page to download the manuals, etc. No actual link to open a support ticket. What gives??
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Ikatz001,

Hi there!  Sorry to hear that you're having that issue.  Once you click on that link what you should do is select your country then make sure to scroll down to where you see "contact us".  That is the section that you'll need to find the contact information so your local support.

Did this help?

I hope that you're having a wonderful day and please take care,

Shiloh 

Alok Mohanan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

Hi @Shiloh_C

I got the same problem. I got my Soundsport Wireless from the US in Nov 2017. Now I am back in India. How can I get support here in India. 

@Shiloh_Cwrote:

Hi @Sprayed!

Thanks for taking the time to post in the community.  Congratulations on your new headphones!  I looked into this issue a bit and it seems that the battery could be damaged or defective, especially where you've only had them for a couple weeks.

At this time I'd recommend reaching out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  When you speak with support you can get more information on your available exchange options.

Come back and update me if you can?

i hope you have a great day,

Shiloh_C

deway83
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

I've bought my Bose soundsport wireless earphones. And I am having battery issues. Somedays it will hold a charge for 6 hours as promised and other times on max 2 hours. I'm very dissatisfied with it especially I paid over $150 for them.
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks!

@Alok Mohanan - For contact information for your local support in India you can use this link

@deway83 - I'm so sorry to hear that you're having this issue!  You can use this link to find contact information for your local support, just select your country then scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Please let me know if you need anything else!

Take care and have a wonderful day,

Shiloh 

Neofile
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

According to a comrade, he had the same problem and commenting with the technical service provided a link to download Firmware 1.5.1 that might fix the failure of the battery drain. Could you try to get that link for Firmware 1.5.1 to try it on the rest? 

I already go for the third pair returned and I hope that this is already the last one or I break my fidelity with BOSE.

Thank you.