chrispy87
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Re: Soundsport Free Battery reporting

Hello there, just wanted to report back on something I noticed.  The headphones almost always read not full when I put them in my ears, regardless of how long they have been sitting closed in the case.  The percentage usually ranges from 70-90%.  

However, what I accidentally discovered is that if I sit the headphones in the case and leave it open while it charges it will always read back at 100%.  Now this defeats the purpose of the protective nature of the case, but perhaps it will help your engineers troubleshoot for future iterations of the product.

Hi folks,

I wanted to check in and make sure that you've all updated your SoundSport Free's to 1.4.5 and I'm curious if that has helped the issue.

Let me know when you get a chance!

Thank you for your continued patience and enjoy your weekend,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Sharkie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Hi,

just finicshed the update and now I have 100% charge ! 

I need to test in hard conditions the left ear disconnect. Thanks for the new version, it shows you are supporting the product.

Hey, Sharkie!

That's great, I'm glad to hear that that helped the battery issue.  Please keep us updated!

Take care and I hope you're enjoying your weekend,

Shiloh 

Rvasq72
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

Hello everyone, came here after a google search, I seem to be having the same issue as posted pn this thread.

This morning my right earbud reported 90% charge in the short message you get when placing in my ear, after removing it from a fully charged case; after reading this thread, I put them back in the case, take them back out and then it said 100%.

Im running IOS 11.2.6 which I updated last night when it became available, and Bose connect version 5.2.0, looks like this issue still persist.

By the way, I just got these ear phones less than 1 month ago, this and the only right ear enabled for phone calls issue, should be trademarks of cheap knockoff companies, not Bose, time to pick up your game if want to continue being a leader in audio products.

Hi Rvasq72

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundSport Free. The latest software update for the SoundSport Free could possibly help. Here is a link that explains more

Soundsport Free Firmware Update Available Today - 2/21/18

Hope that helped

Tony

playbass
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

Been using the latest firmware for a couple days now. It's a big improvement. Battery reporting seems accurate and the left earbud drops are much reduced. Thanks for continuing to improve this product! I love it

spassmeister
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

I've had mine for a few weeks, and for the past couple days it always says "battery 60%" no matter how long I charge them. 

Hi spassmeister

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please verify that your SoundSport Free is running version 1.4.5?  If not, could you please try updating it to see if that helps?

Regards

Tony

dbt2012
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Hi all,

Are people experiencing issues with battery less than 100% when buds are taken out of case? I have bought a new set of bose soundsport free in the last month and this is an issue. The bud reports battery levels of either 90% or 80% even after being in the charge case for a couple of hours or overnight. Currently running firmware 1.3.2, thanks.