Soundsport Free Disconnects at Pools Only

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundsport Free Disconnects at Pools Only

I love the sound of the Bose Soundsport Free Earbuds. And, for the most part, they work great. However, here is my dilemma. I live in a community with two pools. Each are about 1 mile appart. My Soundsport Free earbuds work fine walking two and from either pool. However, when I arrive at EITHER pool, first the left bud cuts out and then, a few minutes later, the right bud cuts out and my earpods disconnect from my iPhone. 

Of course, lounging at the pool is where I want to use them, but cannot! Why would they work everywhere else, but not at not just one, but BOTH pools. I returned and replaced my original Soundsport Frees after the first incident. However, the new ones do the same thing.

15 REPLIES

Re: Soundsport Free Disconnects at Pools Only

Hi there, artanis21,

Thank you for reaching out to the community and sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having with your headphones. This does sound unusual especially with a replacement. Did you replace it in a store? I would recommend that you contact your local Bose Support directly to take a closer look at what you are experiencing. 

Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Let us know how everything goes with an update. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Silent Starter

I am having the same exact problem. I am considering returning my earbuds even though I love them because being able to use them at the pool in my apartment complex is one of my main reasons for having them.

Hi all

Sorry to hear about the disconnect issues, but would be glad to help!  When you were using these by the pool, was it a very hot day, also were the ear buds in direct sunlight?  There are safety features built into headsets where they will power off after being exposed to high temperatures.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Silent Starter

Hi thanks for the reply. It wasn't particularly hot; probably not any hotter than when I run with them in. Also they disconnect from left ear first then right ear. I called number from link you included in the other post and they suggested replacing them. I'm hesitant to send them back because these next few weeks are the ones i will use them the most! I don't believe it's a defwct sonce this is only place. They even seem fine at beach. Could it be interference with Bluetooth if there are other people using Bluetooth? Going to go test it out now that I restarted phone and changed settings. Going to the pool in the name of science Smiley Happy. Please let me know if there is something else I can try.

Hi Mandyhinz

Thanks for getting back to us!  Also, have you ever connected these to the Connect App on your mobile device to update them?  You can also connect them to a computer with the supplied USB cable for an update as well.  Use this link HERE to access the Bose updater page.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

Hi Tony. Completely same issue here with me. They are updated and charged, but cant stay in the sun (25°C) for more than 20min before the turn off. Problem is with product not with user.
Quiet Contributor

I'm having the same exact issue... everytime I go to the pool the headphones disconnect.

Problem is that I live in the middle east and thee days the temperatures are above 45 degrees celsius.

Do you confirm they cannot work above 25 degrees? 

this is really weird for a product that you should use when doing sports outside.

Stefano.

Hello everyone

Thanks for getting back to us.  The SoundSport Frees should operate up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit or 50 degrees Celsius.  If you feel your headset is not operating within range, I would recommend contacting your local support center by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom to display a number for support in your area.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

The same thing happened with my first pair and I exchanged them at Best Buy for another pair. Second pair lost connection at the pool too and then turned off. Bought Jabra 65t Elites. They work gr at. No issues at all. The Bose Free earbuds sound slightly better though, but useless if they won’t stay connected.