Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spavalko
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Soundsport Free Issues with Cold Weather

Hello,

I was very excited to finally enter a world of true wireless headphones.  My primary use for these is while running.  I live in Chicago and run outside all year.  Much to my dismay, it seems as though these headphones do not tolerate cold conditions.  After about 5 minutes outside, they shut down.  I am wondering if anything is in the works to help remedy this situation.

Thanks,

Scott

10 REPLIES 10
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Soundsport Free Issues with Cold Weather

Hi Scott!

Thanks so much for reaching out.  So the operating temp for the SSF's are 5 °F to 122 °F (-15 °C to 50 °C) but I'm wondering where the temperature has been so frigid for a couple weeks now if the windchill could be pushing the temperature low enough to cause the headphones to malfunction, with temperatures like this I wouldn't be surprised if some electronics had some trouble.

We've passed this along to engineering to look into a bit more and see if we need to edit the operating temp range for the headphones, I'll let you know when we hear any new information on it.

Thanks again and I hope that you're having a wonderful week!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

Brigus
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

I am having the same issue.  While the left ear dropping was very aggravating in early December after i first bought them, the complete shutdown during recent cold weather has rendered them useless.

LDMGC
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

I had the same issue today while running in 10 degree weather.  First the left ear went out.  After resetting them by disconnecting Bluetooth, they came back on.  Lost the left again and then they both turned off.

Very frustrating. I was most definitely above the 5 degree temp limit.  Might need to return them.  Tell me you will have a fix!!!!!

thank you,

brockcooper
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

I am having a similar problem in Salt Lake City. On cold morning runs the headphones will work well for about 5 to 10 min then they will just shut down and not be able to reconnect again for the rest of the run. I think my temps are around 20 degrees Fahrenheit when they shut down.
M Bennett
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

I've also been having the same issue in Toronto over the last few days.

Happened this morning and the temp is 13 degrees fahrenheit.

LDMGC
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Bose,

It sounds like we are all well above your 5 degree threshold. I look forward to hearing from you on what can be done to sure up these great headphones.

Regards,

Leo

Rufus182
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

I’m having identical issues. 7 degrees in MN and two days in a row they shut down on me. I have a hat on so with my body temp I can’t unserstand why this would be an issue. May have to return.
spavalko
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

I tried them one more time on a 30 degree windy day.  They were in and out the whole time.  A gust of wind with shut them down.  Unfortunately my only option was to send them back....I'm really hoping the Bose will have a fix for this at some point in the future.

GIORGM
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

New user here. Just a heads-up that I'm experiencing similar issues during the recent cold weather (below 0 degrees celcius). Specifically, the left earbud goes completely out intermittently while the right earbud is generally unaffected. Thanks.