gonzeaux
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Soundsport Free Left Bud Not working on MAC

My left BUD refused to work on Mojave 10.14.3 for standard audio including Youtube.  Worse, when ai reconnected to my Samsung Galaxy S7, the left ear will no longer work after having been connected to the MAC, even for media. I already know the left-ear won't work for phone calls which is a huge oversight considering that these would be great buds for open workspaces but without the left ear phone audio, all you hear is the guy next to you babbling into you ear.

I am most likely going to return these for these problems, but I'm hoping to get the answer to the questions below because I've been a big BOSE fan but this is probably the breaking point.

1 - During the phone call, does the right-bud microphone being opened prevent use of the puppet signal to the left ear? In other words, is it a hardware limitation that cripples left-ear use on phone dalls?

2 - How can I stop the left ear from disappearing just because it took a phone dall or conneced to a MAC? The only fix now is to put them back in the stupid box, delete the entries in BT settings, and repair. That is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

3 - Are there firmware fixes available for either of these or am I hosed?

They are good buds but the BT controller seems critically flawed. If there are no software fixes coming, I will return and they will sadly be the last BOSE product I ever buy.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Soundsport Free Left Bud Not working on MAC

Hi Gonzeaux, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Soundsport Free headphones.

If you are having trouble using the headphones with your Mac, some users on another thread have found a fix for this that allows them to sue the audio on both ears with their Mac. 

We have passed on the feedback from users that are unhappy with the use of only the right ear whilst on a call to our engineering department and will update the community when we have any news to share about possible updates to the headphones.

Kind Regards,

Keith_L - Community Support - 

gonzeaux
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Thanks for the quick reply.  I hope there is a relatifely painful firmware fix for the phone issue, these would be the most useful buds for dynamic environments across the board with that, but it won't come to pass if there is a hardware limitation. I'll dig into the MAC thread. Thanks again.

Highlighted

That's quite alright Gonzeaux I'm happy to help. Hopefully the fix those guys have been using will work for you as well.

All the best.

Keith_L - Community Support - 

gonzeaux
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Sorry about that, I meant I hope there is a painless fix for the HFP no-left-ear issue. 🙂