Highlighted
danger22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Soundsport Free Music Playback Issue with Sandisk Clip Sport

My Soundsport Free headphones always connect to my SanDisk Clip Sport mp3 play but will only play music half of the time.  Sometimes if I repeatedly disconnect / turn off my mp3 and/or put the headphones back in the charger they will start working, but I cannot get them to playback music all of time.  If anyone know the correct process to connect the headphones so they will always work, or knows of something I can do to fix this issue please inform.  I really like the headphones, but half the time I try to use them I end up spending 15 minutes trying to get music to play and sometimes I never get them to work.  Thank you in advance for any helpful information.

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Soundsport Free Music Playback Issue with Sandisk Clip Sport

Hi danger22,

Thanks for the great post. I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your SoundSport Free's. Could I ask, have you tried using them with another mobile device? Also, have you tried clearing the headphones memory and repairing to your MP3?

To clear the pairing list:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

Please come back and update us when you can.

Have a great day!

Tony - Community Support

danger22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply and information Tony G.  Yes I actually would clear the device list by holding down the button for 10 seconds multiple times and still no music.  Then I would try sequences like disabling the bluetooth on the mp3 player, turn off the mp3 player, clear the device list on the Bose headphones, put the headphones in the charger, turn on mp3 player and enable bluetooth, then pull headphones from charger, etc.  I would try varying these up as well in hopes of it somehow working and on the occassion it would with no issues.

I do have some solid good news, I think.  I found the Bose updater early this morning and updated the headphones via the app on the Bose website.  First try, they worked flawlessly and didn't have to waste anytime before my morning run.  I hope this was the issue and the bug will be fixed going forward (will update otherwise).  Also, I did attempt to use them once on my Samsung S8, but cannot recall if they worked with music or not.  I really only want to use them with a small, light mp3 player because I use them for running, skateboarding and snowboarding.

I will also check tonight to see if they work with my phone as well for peace of mind.

Thanks again!

Hi danger22,

That's great to hear! I'm glad you got them working, Please come back and let us know if you need anything else!

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

mpopovits
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

I am having a similar issue.....  sandisk clip sport plus player and bose soundsport free blutooth ear buds.

It will connect but i can not hear any audio on the ear buds.  Both units are brand new.

I tried connecting with a different pair of bose headphones and it plays no problem.

firmeware for both devices has been upgraded.

danger22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Hey, I cracked the code (at least in my case).  When you have the clip sport on, make sure the bluetooth is OFF and that the music is current paused (can tell by seeing the paused symbol in the top right corner of the screen).  Now turn off the clip sport and make sure the Bose ear buds are in the case.  

Now turn on the clip sport and pull out the buds (they should be blinking white lights).  Don't do anything until you see the blinking white lights turn BLUE, which means that now they are ready to pair again.  On the clip sport (should still be in paused mode), go to the Bluetooth menu option and turn bluetooth ON.  Once you see the Bose headphones show up, press the center button on them to connect.  DO NOT do anything after pushing the button on them.  After about 10-20 seconds, the screen will automatically go back to the music you were playing (music play screen w/ album art, etc.).  Press PLAY (top button) and within 2-5 seconds, BOOM they finally work!!! 

I initially hated the headphones because I could never get the music play and was ready to take them back, or stomp on them if my temper got the best of me.  However, this now consistently works for me and I have done it on multiple SanDisk Clip Sports players.   I now love the wireless Bose ear buds and I hope the same happens for you.  Let me know the outcome and best of luck!

mpopovits
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

wow...thank you so much for sharing your response.  that actually does work... a bit convoluted but it works.

I'm on a chat with Sandisk support and will direct them to the solution on this page.  I am asking them (Robin S.) to share this with their team in hopes that a permanent fix can be made.  so let's all watch out for that.

danger22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Awesome to hear and I still do not know how I figured it out.  Feel free to tell them to send us some free swag or promos for fixing their bug also.

Kaybee
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 27, 2018

Danger22,

Thank you sooooooooo much. It has been such frustrating 2 weeks trying to get the sound to work so i can listen to music on my new clicksport plus with my bose free soundsport headset. I have been going back and forth with sandisk customer service on this issue.

i shouldnt have to go through so many steps to pair a headset with an audio player. It should be a breeze. Sigh!!!

Just glad it is working now. Thanks to you.:-)
mpopovits
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

Happy that its working for you now 🙂

I’m still not happy with the Sandisk player.  After having an iPod nano for years it’s a real disappointment.  I’ve decided to sell it and order some iPod nano’s from eBay before they’re impossible to get.  Those little things rock and there’s just nothing out there that can properly replace them for my needs.

So far loving the earbuds...just not with the click sport.