danger22
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free Music Playback Issue with Sandisk Clip Sport

Great to hear I wasn't the only going crazy with this issue and also agree a better player would be nice. However, I absolutely hate itunes and the way it takes over music on a computer so I will be looking for something non-Apple.

mpopovits
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

If you come across a good modern light-weight option that does audio books well let me know.  I searched high and low and haven't found anything yet that i would consider. Nothing has come close to what I use the ipod nano for.

I haven't seen itunes take over my music on my computer per se... it has it's own folder and only uses what i put in it.  I've read about other programs that can be used instead of itunes but never tried.  I heard about folks using the online apple music having issues when that was first release but i never used it so i don't know how true that was.  I use spotify for online music so apple version was never a consideration for me.

dbenyakar
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Wow that's great thanks for this.
I do think this connectivity issue is on the Sandisk side.
I am actually planning of buying one of the new Garmin watches that come with MP3 player built in so I will have the best free experience.
Moritomo_19
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

OMG!  Thank you so very much this has been driving me nuts!!!!

@danger22 wrote:

Hey, I cracked the code (at least in my case).  When you have the clip sport on, make sure the bluetooth is OFF and that the music is current paused (can tell by seeing the paused symbol in the top right corner of the screen).  Now turn off the clip sport and make sure the Bose ear buds are in the case.  

Now turn on the clip sport and pull out the buds (they should be blinking white lights).  Don't do anything until you see the blinking white lights turn BLUE, which means that now they are ready to pair again.  On the clip sport (should still be in paused mode), go to the Bluetooth menu option and turn bluetooth ON.  Once you see the Bose headphones show up, press the center button on them to connect.  DO NOT do anything after pushing the button on them.  After about 10-20 seconds, the screen will automatically go back to the music you were playing (music play screen w/ album art, etc.).  Press PLAY (top button) and within 2-5 seconds, BOOM they finally work!!! 

I initially hated the headphones because I could never get the music play and was ready to take them back, or stomp on them if my temper got the best of me.  However, this now consistently works for me and I have done it on multiple SanDisk Clip Sports players.   I now love the wireless Bose ear buds and I hope the same happens for you.  Let me know the outcome and best of luck!

danger22
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Glad to help and I know exactly how you felt about the issue!

Assafco
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

How is the sound quality of the Sandisk sport clip compares to iPod Nano?
How do you like the experience of Soundsport free in noisy gym?
Thanks
dbenyakar
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Regarding the gym noisy environment, the Bose do not actively cancel noise and they do not do a great job in blocking noise.

As for the iPod, I dont own one so I cannot comment on it.

danger22
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Yeah, I cannot comment on the Ipod Nano, but the Sandisk Sport Clip is very easy to use and has quality sound in my opinion.  I think the headphones work great at the gym and doing anything outside (running, skateboarding) because they play great, loud sound and still allow you to hear what may be going on around you.  I think over the ear headphones are the only headphones that will block out sound entirely.

Carl Spag
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Hey danger22, you're a genius! THANK YOU & Happy New Year!!
bys55
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

That worked...I was ready to throw them out.  It's weird cause really cheap bluetooth connects in one second...is the problem with bose or sandisk?