Highlighted
moombarider
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

Soundsport Free Single Ear Ability?

I bought these headphones for working out and being handsfree at work. When at work I would prefer to have only one bud in. I am having no success at connecting only the left. The information I've found is leading me to believe that only the right can be used on its own, but I can't find confirmation from Bose. In fact, the manual appears to indicate both should be able to be paired independently. Should I be able to connect the left or am I trying something that can't be done? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Soundsport Free Single Ear Ability

Hi there!

Welcome to the community, my friend!  That's a great question.

To clarify - only the right earbud can be used solitarily.  Where the right earbud receives the Bluetooth signal from your source device and then transmits that signal to the left bud, the left bud is not able to be used on its own.  I hope that this information helped.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care and enjoy your day!

Shiloh - Community Support 

Highlighted
Beans Bee
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

So what if I’m using both L and R soundsport free buds but then want to shift to single (R) bud operation, how do I turn off the left bud?
Highlighted
Stevepug2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 9, 2018

Hi, how are you?
The short answer is that you can't turn off the left earbud and just use the right. So just let it play wherever it is. You won't really hear it unless it's in your ear. Just don't put it back in its case since I think that will turn off the right earbud too. Good luck!
Highlighted
CGJ7755
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

Actually I just bought a set of these and most of the clarifications are correct...

You can use both at the same time. You can use the right side independently of the left, simply leave the left side connected to the case. If you want to use the left only, you must have the right side out of the case and active as that side transmits sound, so keep the right side in your pocket or whatnot.