Highlighted
Zweeg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Soundsport Free Software Sugestions

This post is directed more towards the bose admins on the website. I recently just bought a pair of Soundsport Frees. So far I love the product a lot but there are just a couple things that really pester me, especially since these are the upper end of truly wireless earbuds both in price and quality. The biggest issue for me is the uselessness of the left earbud. The right earbud does all of the connectivity work making the left earbud useless if the right one dies, which is a big drawback for me because I frequently use only one earbud at a time so I can hear my surroundings while being able to listen to music. I've read a lot of posts complaining the same issue and I really think it'd be a big plus to be able to use only the left earbud while charging the right. Reading these posts I know this is limited because the right earbud provides the signal for the left earbud's audio. However, to fix this I think it would be possible for the right earbud to stay on while plugged in the charging case if the left earbud isn't also in. This way, I can store my right earbud effectively, have it charge in the case, and also use the left earbud solo. The next issue for me is the audio/video lag on Youtube. I've also read other posts complaining about this issue, and yes, I've tried all the troubleshooting and solutions you suggest. The problem still persists. I am a heavy Youtube user and it's really annoying to have the audio lag about 0.5 seconds behind the audio. However, I'm not 100% sure this is your fault because other streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video work without lag. Lastly, it's a little bit of an annoyance to only have the right earbud have audio while on a phone call. I'll admit, I haven't really researched this one as much and it's not really a big issue for me as I don't call that often, but again, the price point is just so high it'd be nice to have this issue fixed and I know a lot of people do regularly call and this is probably a bigger issue for them. Well, those are the three I've really had a gripe with, but other than that, I love the earbuds. I love the sound quality, the battery life, and the build quality of these things. It's an excellent product aside from those issues and it'd be absolutely awesome if you could fix those. Also, if you're a user of these earbuds, or think that these are good ideas, make sure to hit the like button to show Bose we really need a fix to these issues!

Thanks,

Zweeg

2 REPLIES 2
IevasPolka
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free Software Sugestions

So true. I'm deciding on whether to buy it or not. TBO, I like everything about Bose soundsport free EXCEPT the left side stopping when in call and (notice in some review) using mic in any situation. Fix this and you'll instantly get 199$ from me

Re: Soundsport Free Software Sugestions

Hi Zweeg,

Thanks for the great post. We are happy to hear that you love the sound of your headphones! The SoundSport Free use the recently developed TWS (True Wireless Stereo) technology with features that allows L/R stereo separation in a wireless format. To accomplish this the right earbud is designated as the primary and transmits, via Bluetooth, to the left earbud. This method is not without its tradeoffs. We understand that audio-video lag can be frustrating. The cause is likely rooted in a combination of things that all contribute to your experience. We have found that keeping your headphones updated along with keeping your apps updated can help. Additionally, the TWS (True Wireless Stereo) technology is still fairly new and, while impressive, still has some growth opportunities that are being explored on the hardware side. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support