Carlos.Gallegos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free and MacBook Pro connection

Hi Tony,

Yes, I already deleted all bluetooth connections from my earbuds and clean the devices in my Macbook pro. I did everything that appear in this post but It doesn't work.

Regards,

Carlos

Community Manager

HI Carlos,

Thanks for the update.

Have you checked the Apple support sites to see if there are any Bluetooth drivers available for your Mac?  Also, did this issue happen since owning the headset or did it work at one point?  Are the headsets fully up to date?  You can check this in the Bose Connect app on a mobile device.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Carlos.Gallegos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Hi,

Answers below:

• Have you checked the Apple support sites to see if there are any Bluetooth drivers available for your Mac? No, I didnt check with them, how can I create a case for them?
  • did this issue happen since owning the headset or did it work at one point? It worked good in High Sierra MacOS but now In Mojave don't work.
  • Are the headsets fully up to date? Yes, I have the last version.

Regards,

Carlos

Community Manager

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the update  Taking a look at the Apple Support site, it looks like you're drivers will most likely up to date.  Do you happen to have another Bluetooth headset or speaker to connect to the Macbook to test?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Carlos.Gallegos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

I don't have problem with another bluetooh devices, but for my bose SoundSport Free wireless headphones dont show output controls to balance the sound.

image.png

D. Andy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 17, 2019

Was there any progress made on getting both earbuds to work with Macbooks?  My wife is having this same issue right now.

Carlos.Gallegos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

I have the same problem yet. I cant use my earbuds with my Mac.
slikk66
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

Hi Tony -

Same issue here.  These headphones only put out one channel on my Macbook Pro 2015, fully updated.  This is not a "user" problem, it's a "bose" problem.. you guys need to get your headphones working correctly on Apple.. please!

Thanks!

Highlighted
charlie_b
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi

I had this exact same problem, sub-quality audio when trying to connect to my macbook pro and tried everything in this thread...

However, I managed to fix it! This might not work for anyone else, but I did it by changing the audio input in system preferences > sound to Internal Microphone, whilst leaving the output as Bose Soundsport. 

Hope this works for anyone else with the problem (it was driving me mad). 

Community Manager

Hi Charlie_b,

Thank you for posting your experience and valuable feedback.

@slikk66 @Carlos.Gallegos are you able to test adjusting the audio input to Internal Microphone, with Output set to your SoundSport Free headphones?

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support