Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmaroldo
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free die in cold temps

My headphones disconnect in 18 degree (F) weather with light wind.  They are not usable again for another hour or so.  How do I resolve this problem?

Brigus
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Same issue here.  My solution is to return them based on the failings that i have experienced with them.

choihyonggun
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

Today, it is my first day to use Bose Soundsport Free Wireless buds. As I walked in a hiking track in 11 F of Chicago weather, my left bud was disconnected in 5 minutes. Then, the right one also shuts down within 10 minutes. It is very disappoinrting!  

Ruspik
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hi Shiloch,

Do you have any news from your engineers? I have use the Sounsport free for 6 weeks now, and is it colder than 28-29 fahrenheit they disconnect after 10-20 minuts. I have tryied to protect them with Buff or cap, but it does not help.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there Ruspik,

Thanks for following up - no word as of yet but I will keep you all posted.

Take care and have a lovely day, my friend!

Shiloh 

rtmf626
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

YES!!!!  Frustrating and I am thinking about returning them.  I am a runner and they absolutely do not work in cold weather.  I'll continue to read other replies but the engineers need to be aware of this problem.  Tired of having to stop my run every few minutes to reconnect my music.  Thanks for starting this forum.

Bentli24
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

This post is a bit old but still very relevant. I've heard of battery issues with SSF, and I've started to notice some of them, but up until now, I've been like "meh, I can live with that." The breaking point, though, was when it shut off while I was walking between classes today. The temperature outside is like midhi-20s with barely any wind. I can't continue using a product that's so unreliable. I'm returning these in the next few days. While the sound quality is nice, all the cons outweigh the pros.

dylanomahony
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Just adding a +1 on this issue... happens very reliably as soon as the temps drop below about 35F. The button on the Frees just causes the “power off” chime to play no matter how many times I press it.

I’ve reverted to using Soundsport Wireless again for outdoor running, they are bulletproof in any temperature.
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks,

Thank you all for updating us and adding your voices to the mix.  We are still actively investigating this and I will report back when I have some information for you.

I hope you're all having a fantastic day!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Wadenalle
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

I have exactly the same problem. 10 min then the left ear is silent. 5 min more and the right is out. In Sweden this morning was -4 degrees C, and if you consider the wind it is -10 degrees. We do have this temperature in winter, so I am a bit disappointed that my earpods cant handle this.