Soundsport Free die in cold temps

Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundsport Free die in cold temps

I have a similar issue. I live in New England and wear my earbuds to work every day, about a 25 minute walk in cold weather, iPhone in my jacket pocket. Never had an issue with connectivity going to and from work - earbuds are comletely exposed during that time. When I go home and take a jog in the evening, same cold weather, phone in armband, earbuds under beanie or wool hat, after a few minutes left drops out, then right beeps and it drops out. A few seconds later it says 'ready to connect'. For me, it seems as if the issue has something to do with jogging, and not the cold weather. 

Audible Advocate

I’m having the polar opposite problem. I’m on holiday in Ibiza and it’s about 25*C and the Soundsport Free are shutting down. Anyone else have the heat issue??

I’d send them back but o bought them in Vegas last November and I’m not flying back to Target just for that. Any ideas Bose??
Wistful Whisperer

Was cycling (pretty hard) in 25 degrees C without an issue.

Hello,

Thank you all for your sharing your feedback here, and we appreciate your patience. We do not have an update at this time. We will get back to you as soon as we have any more information. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin

Quiet Contributor

I just found out that mine shut down within 4-10 minutes in 109*F or 42*C here in AZ. 

Highlighted

Hello all,

We appreciate everyone writing in. Just wanted to jump in and provide an update to let you know that we’ve released an update to the firmware to resolve this issue.

Link to the firmware release notes here.

Thanks again,

Mohsin