Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wadenalle
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free die in cold temps

I have exactly the same problem. 10 min then the left ear is silent. 5 min more and the right is out. In Sweden this morning was -4 degrees C, and if you consider the wind it is -10 degrees. We do have this temperature in winter, so I am a bit disappointed that my earpods cant handle this.
Ernest
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Same temperature today in France -4° . Same issue. After 10 minutes I ear the bluetooh shutdown noise and after the silent. Impossible to reconnect.

I'm disappointed. May be it's not the right season to use them 🙂 outside.

brandonhass
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

I've been experiencing the same issues. The temperature in Copenhagen is around 20º F and can't be below 10º with wind chill, but my buds have been shutting off after getting through one song. Extremely disappointed in Bose.

GIORGM
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Zürich checking in.

New user.

Sub-zero temps.

Left earbud goes out after about 10 mins, while right earbud remains intact.

Awaiting a software update from Bose that will (hopefully) correct the problem.

Thanks

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who is contributing. I just wanted to jump in here and let everyone know that we are still investigating this issue and will post any results we find here!

We appreciate the patience

Have a great day!

Tony

JohnT1000
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

Hi

Just bought a new pair yesterday and took them out for the first time in the cold weather in the UK today for a run - it is 25F here today, no wind. Same problem as everyone else - ten mins in to the run the left bud shut down, five mins later the right. Return home and they work fine within a few minutes. V disappointing.
greenamex2
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

Me too. -4 degrees C on a cycle, lasts 5-10 minutes before bleeping a bit and then shutting down. Can't believe for a second that this will be fixed by a firmware update so will probably return them.

Very dissappointing for the amount they cost. It is the non water resistant Soundsport Wireless all over again...Bose are really failing on product testing.

Mailkoski
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2018

Same problem here in Finland. 

This is unacceptable for 230€ wireless headbuds, will return them. 

dmoney
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

@"Shiloh_C wrote:

Hey grannygear!

That's an interesting issue.  The operating temperature range for the Free's is 5 °F to 122 °F (-15 °C to 50 °C) so they shouldn't be shutting down due to the cold,  I'd suggest reaching out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

Please keep me updated if you can!

I hope you have a wonderful week and take care,

Shiloh_C"

I have the Bose Soundsport Free and I am having A/V sync issues with my LG G6 Android Youtube / Xfinity / Netflix apps.

Also I wear these earbuds in the sauna after a workout and with in2 mins, the left bud disconnects and then 30 seconds later the right bud disconnects.  The sauna is set to 120 deg F.  I used to wear my PowerBeats in the sauna without any issues.

Volcanoclub
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

This happened to me in the UK last week when out walking on a very cold day - perhaps -15•c Am in Dubai this week and rather annoyingly they’ve failed again, this time at 30•c. Rather poor for something that costs £180. Will be returning mine to John Lewis when I return home.