Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Soundsport Free draining solution

I also had an issue with the battery quickly draining after achieving maximum 90% charge.  I contacted customer service and after trying the useless "reset" they gave me link to download the latest firmare update 1.5.1.  I followed the instructions and pluged my ear phones to my computer via usb and performed the update.  I was very skeptical that it would work but after charging it till the light turned green it reached 100%.  I let spotify play and wrote down the start time.  It died after playing 5 hours worth of hip hop music.  I don't know if heavy bass drains the battery quicker but i think the update via computer actually worked.  Someone else should try it and see if that fixes it.  I wish i had written down the link to the software downloader.  I'm happy my issues are gone for now.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free draining solution

could you send  the link to me via PM?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Hello... i found the link but it only worked while i was on my desktop snd even while on my cell phone I had to turn on "desktop site". If for some reason it doesn't work you can "chat" with a Bose rep and they can help.
https://btu.bose.com/#section=start
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Could I contact Bose again so they can send him the download link again? I have my Bose SoundSport Free and also the charging base loses battery without using it. regards