Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PShell1501
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Soundsport Free left side drops out on One Plus 6T

I have recently bought a pair of Soundsport Free wireless earphones. Unfortunately the left channel keeps dropping out randomly when listening to music. I even had them replaced at the Bose shop in Cheshire Oaks but the new pair suffer exactly the same problem. I have downloaded the latest Bose firmware from the update centre.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Soundsport Free left side drops out on One Plus 6T

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Pshell1501, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

It is interesting to hear that the headphones worked fine with another device. Due to this, It is unlikely that there is an issue with the headphones themselves. I would recommend potentially trying the update to see if this helps with your issue. Click the LINK HERE and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Charlotte_G

Hello PShell1501,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with your SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones. 

I would ask that you test your SoundSport Free's with another device if that is possible?

As the headphones are truly wireless, It is possible that you can get some body block interference. It is best advised that you keep your device in a front pocket to minimize the risk of this.

Get back to me when you have tested this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
PShell1501
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have tried them with another phone and they worked fine. I don't think it's body block as it happens when I am seated with the phone in front of me.

Don't forget, this is the second pair I've tried as I replaced the original phones at the Bose shop. I've also spotted similar posts on the OnePlus forum. Could it be an issue with phone compatibility?
Jessie_O

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Pshell1501, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

It is interesting to hear that the headphones worked fine with another device. Due to this, It is unlikely that there is an issue with the headphones themselves. I would recommend potentially trying the update to see if this helps with your issue. Click the LINK HERE and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

View solution in original post

Reconguru
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I am experiencing the same problem, but the left side randomly drops out with any device, iPhone, iPad, MacBook, pc, which doesn't seem to matter.  I own a plethora of bose products, in-home, car, family, we are all bose loyalist, please help.   I have updated to the most recent firmware as of 10/22/19.

Jeff_G

Hello Reconguru, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are also having issues with your SoundSport Free headphones. 

I can see you have updated your firmware, and have tested with multiple devices. Moving forward, I would recommend reaching out to local support to discuss service as the headphones may be faulty. Details for support can be found here.

Kind regards,

Jeff G  

Reconguru
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Thank you for your prompt response.  I do believe it is the earphones, I have been using Apple and the Beats Pro with no issues for several hours.  The Bose have the better sound and I really want them to work, I travel for my job and I don't have time to drop the earphones off anywhere for service, do you have another recommendation on how to get them swapped out.

Thanks again,