Bobby Digital
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

Soundsport Wireless Waterproof or Resistant?

I have seen they are water resistant, but also water proof in some places. Reason for asking is if they are built to withstand rain, sweat, and are truly water proof can they be worn in the shower; or will that have the same impact as submerging them in a pool?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Soundsport Wireless Waterproof or Resistant?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Good morning, Bobby.

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community, that's a great question!

The SoundSport Wireless headphones are rated IPX4. This means that they are sweat-resistant. They won't sustain damage from routine sweating whilst exercising. They are not waterproof, and we do not recommend wearing them in the shower, as it is likely this will cause damage to them. 

I hope that this helps answer your question!

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Shiloh - Community Support 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Good morning, Bobby.

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community, that's a great question!

The SoundSport Wireless headphones are rated IPX4. This means that they are sweat-resistant. They won't sustain damage from routine sweating whilst exercising. They are not waterproof, and we do not recommend wearing them in the shower, as it is likely this will cause damage to them. 

I hope that this helps answer your question!

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Shiloh - Community Support 

View solution in original post

boseboy2018
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

I wish this were true 😞 Reality is that Im currently on my 3rd pair and im an average sweating person!

So Im kind of frustrated on the malfunctioning of each pair after max 10 sweaty runs! 

Always the same, that the headphone stops charging and being completely drained!

This product should never be advertised as Sport use-case for people that sweat!

Really waiting for a new version and am holding off from getting the complete wireless ones (no bud connecting cable) due to the reported sync issues on all major reviews.

Sad BOSE 😞

Jrsmith817
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

I took my pair on a run when mid-run, it started raining. They never worked the same after that. They would charge back up but then drain but not turning off. I’d hear the beeping that they’d been turned off, but they’d turn right back on (on their own) causing significant battery loss. I took them back to Target and got a new pair, but lesson learned - they do not care for moisture at all.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Jrsmith817,

Thanks for reaching out. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would definitely contact your local Bose support for assistance with that. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to where you see " Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support 

alexisvandam
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

@boseboy2018 I am facing the exact same issue. Living in Singapore, with a humid climate one sweats a lot while running. Currently, I am waiting to get my 3rd failed pair replaced. 

Quoting from the Bose site:

"Sweat- and weather-resistant design

Sweating it out in the gym or running through the rain, these are sport earphones built to keep you going every step of the way. The acoustic ports are positioned to resist sweat and weather, and a hydrophobic cloth keeps moisture out."

In my experience so far the Sound Sport seems to be unable to cope with too much sweat.

JohnHC
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

Dropped mine in tub fo 30 seconds. So far so good
alexisvandam
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

I have discussed the issue with the official service centre for Bose in Singapore.  I have been upgraded to the Bose Soundsport Wireless Free. These earbuds were advised to me since they are better build to cope with sweat and humidity. I will try them tomorrow for a workout run.

bgracely
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2018

Having the same problem with a pair of SoundSports that I bought abuot 2 months ago. They were fine with small amounts of sweat, but have been problematic in humid weather (kept disconnecting bluetooth), and now they don't work after a run where it started raining. 

How do I return this pair, as they are still under warranty? 

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi bgracely,

Thanks for posting. If you are looking to see what service options are available for your headphones, I would recommend contacting your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see " Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support