Highlighted
junkyard5dawg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Soundsport Wireless do not connect to anything or show up in bluetooth lists

Hello,

I have a pair of Bose Soundsport wireless headphones and have tried all of the following:

• Resetting device by turning it off, plugging them in, unplugging them and restarting
  • Updating the firmware to 2.7.7 (This made things way worse)
  • Restarting my Macbook Pro
  • Restarting my Galaxy S8
  • Turning bluetooth on and off on both devices
  • Clearing the device list on the headset
  • Clearing the device list on my Galaxy S8

None of these things work. The headphones do not show up on any bluetooth lists either on my Android Galaxy S8 or my Macbook Pro. When it does show up, the connection does not happen. On the single instance that I was able to connect the headphones they simply kept disconnecting and reconnecting and provided no sound. After the Firmware update the sound coming from the headset is garbled (this wasn't happening before). Updating the firmware failed several times because the devices kept disconnecting. Essentially the headphones are useless at this point and keep informing me that they are ready to pair, but the Bose Connect app doesn't pick up the device and neither do any of my bluetooth host devices.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Soundsport Wireless do not connect to anything or show up in bluetooth lists

Hi Junkyard5dawg,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with your SoundSport Wireless headphones but would be happy to help.

To clarify, have your headphones ever operated successfully, or has this issue arisen recently? Certain electronic devices can introduce unwanted wireless interference - have you tested using them to connect in different environments?

It sounds like you may have already attempted most troubleshooting steps, and as such I would encourage you to reach out to product and technical support in your region should any service be required to exchange your headphones. Please click HERE and use the "Contact Us" feature located at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

junkyard5dawg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Re: Soundsport Wireless do not connect to anything or show up in bluetooth lists

Thanks for the reply Andy. To answer your question, the headphones have never worked. I have tried them at home and on the road. Neither worked and the device in all instances has been inches from the devices.