Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Soundsport free battery drain

Hi,
My soundsport free drain their battery and also the battery of the case even when not using them, 5 days and the case is completely drained,
What to do?
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Re: Soundsport free battery drain

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm currently in dialog with Bose about this, since it pretty much is false advertising if this is the case.

I've read several places on the forum that other people have the same issues.

If I can't find a solution with them over email, I'll return them immidiately. 

I'll keep you updated when I get a response from Bose. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2017

I emailed them in Jan and here's their response (pretty much the usual BS):

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

The battery the charging case and earphones normally retains the charge for a few days when not in use. Leaving it unused for a week and a half will let the battery discharge on its own. I suggest that you check and/or charge your headphones every 2-3 days.

Have a great day!

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Marvin
Product and Technical Support Team

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

That's definitely BS. A battery should not discharge within a week and a half. 

In my case, it discharged in only 4 days, so it seems like Bose does have an issue with this product that they have a hard time to address. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

I’ve had the exact same problem, took them to the shop for exchanges and now on my third set... same issue with these ones too. Will be returning them today. Such a shame, sound is amazing and so comfortable. I’ll buy them again in 1 year in the hope they fix it. I own lots of other Bose products without any issues...
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

It seems that the earbuds keeps receiving charge from the case all the time they are in it. So the battery on both, earbuds and case are drained so quickly. I had the previous soundsport and the battery last for so long when not in use, I was hopping to have the same performance on this, but it looks that the soundsport free is all about disappointment
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello @shimigg

Thank you for writing in. Based on what you have described, I recommend that you reach out to your local Bose Support for further assistance. They will work with you to discuss your service options. 

Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Hello, I'm an engineer at Nordic Semiconductor and I see that the earbuds are advertising over bluetooth while embedded in the charging case. Is there a reason why? Why aren't the earbuds in deep sleep? The power consumption would be significantly lower if you turned off the bluetooth radio when the earbuds are in the case.

Alexander

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@AlexanderS Hello, thank you for writing in. BLE is used for discoverability with the Bose Connect app 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Yes, ok, that's fine, but do they need to be discoverable all the time? Why not link that to the case being open, or a given time after you press the button on the case? It seems very wasteful, and especially since they have such small batteries in the first case. I also see that the left earbud is advertising, and since that is only connecting to the right earbud, it makes no sense that it's on while in the case. I believe you can save a lot of power and thereby get more satisfied customers.

Alexander