Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

Re: Soundsport free battery drain

Is that for find my buds?
Because if it is, I switched that feature off and still the battery drained very quickly when in the case.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

I think it is , but turning off find my buds doesn't actually do anything, maybe it can be solved with a firmware update?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Thanks for the great question. We just answered a similar post here that might help. 

Bose soundsport charger case always charges until it dies?

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 14, 2017

Hi Mohsin,
It makes no sense that moderators in this forum keep redirecting users to customer support. I am sure all users know about the customer support option and can go there directly if they had to. Users like me come here to bring it to Bose’s attention when the lousy service from your Customer Service only makes us more dissatisfied.
I own a Bose Soundsport free along with many other bose products, for last 6 months. However, battery has been acting pretty weird lately and it’s as bad as 1 hour of usage.
I reached out to my local support (3rd party) as Bose doesn’t have offices here, and they told me few things:
1- they don’t have any replacements and it could be a month or so before a replacement can arrive
2- They demanded for a proof of purchase for the product, which I clearly highlighted as a gift. Why would i ask/keep proof of purchase for a gift?
3- To claim the warranty, your Bose connect app recognizes the product and states the Manufacturing date as 21st November 2017, Doesn’t that clearly defines that I cannot, in anyways, buy these before this date? Doesn’t it mean, even if I don’t have a date of purchase, it’s still with in one year of manufacturing and thus, applicable for Warranty?
4- There is no number to call and speak to Bose, coz a standard reply from reseller is, we are just resellers, the issue can only be handled by Bose.
5- This is a second such issue I am having with Bose, which only tells me the customer service of Bose is getting pathetic day by day.

Really disappointed!!!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

Hi all, I had the same issues with multiple pairs of these headphones and discovered the following:

Once initially removed from the case, the headphones may say “battery 70%” or another number less than 100. Once you hear this message, put the ear buds back in the case and you will see the indicator lights appear solid to indicate charging - now remove the earbuds and the charge will be 100. Please not that, after first removing and hearing the 70% charge or similar, it is only necessary to put the earbuds back in the case for 1-2 seconds until you see the solid lights indicating charging. Hope this can help some of you, I love the sound quality and build of these buds but this issue was a pain and there seemed to be very little useful guidance on resolution.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Last week i bought refurbished Bose soundsport Free Wireless from bose.co.uk, charging case does not fully charge the battery, even after 4 hrs charge only one light blink when charging cable removed. also i need to charge everyday even if i do not use them. i am not happy with the product very bad product i tried to email and made call Bose.co.uk but no answer in email been told me to call. 

any solution?