jnrfalcon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Soundsport free cannot switch between devices when voice prompt is off

RT. Left ear button works if I turn on the voice prompt. But I really don't like the voice prompt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundsport free cannot switch between devices when voice prompt is off

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks for confirming that Jnrfalcon. I am sorry to hear that it did not help the issue. Can you please confirm what app version and software version your app says it is running? 

Also please could you try clearing the Bluetooth list on the headphones and then repairing them and let us know if you have the same issue? 

To do this:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

I look forward to hearing how you get on!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Jnfalcon, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

When attempting to switch device are you getting any audio when pressing play on the second source? 

I would also ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via Btu.bose.com

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

jnrfalcon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

There's no sound from second source through the headphone. In fact there's not any kind of interuption or notification sound when pressing switch button with voice prompt off. The app says my headphones are up to date.

Highlighted

Hello Jnrfalcon,

Thanks for the information provided.

Have you tried resetting the product and received the same issue? I would advise resetting the product by:

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Let us know you get on.

Kindest regards,

Prince O

jnrfalcon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Done that for a few dozen times at least.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks for confirming that Jnrfalcon. I am sorry to hear that it did not help the issue. Can you please confirm what app version and software version your app says it is running? 

Also please could you try clearing the Bluetooth list on the headphones and then repairing them and let us know if you have the same issue? 

To do this:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

I look forward to hearing how you get on!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W