Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gremlinshighfive
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Soundsport free issue during music playback

Newest fw, updated bose app. Using it on my updated Xperia 5 (android)

When playing music, if I browse the Web, insta or Facebook and any medium that has sound comes up (even though so be on iy is disabled) my bose headset will try to prioritise that and mute the music. Which is fine.

But when I keep scrolling, or close whatever made the sound, the soundsport will not deliver any more sound. No prompt of disconnect, but the bose app will state "Whoops, something happened, and your bose headset lost connection"  and I will need to drag to reconnect in the app in order for to get it to work again.

This was not a problem on my previous phone HOWEVER the issu with the left earbud sometimes not providing sound completely wanished with the new phone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Soundsport free issue during music playback

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Gremlinshighfive, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

As a means of testing, can you please check the issue with the headphones with another device to see if the issue persists, or if it only occurs with the Xperia phone? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Hello Gremlinshighfive, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your SoundSport Free Headphones. 

Can you confirm whether this issue only occurs with your Xperia 5 device? 

Please let us know, we would love to help. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Gremlinshighfive
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

This issue is only present on my Xperia 5.

I had another issue with the same headset on another phone. These are not present on my Xperia 

Tegan_M

Hi Gremlinshighfive, 

Thanks for confirming this. 

I would firstly suggest that you perform a reset of your Xperia 5 and your headphones. You can do this via the following instruction.

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

Following this, I would continue to remove your SoundSport Free headphones from your Xperia 5 Bluetooth list. I would also continue to clear the Bluetooth device list of your headphones, you can do this via the following instruction: Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared. Once cleared, your product is ready to connect a new device.

Please let us know if this shows any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Gremlinshighfive
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

No this did not work. 

I have found out more specifics of the problem. The bose headset itself does not disconnect, but media audio is disconnected. Call audio connection still remains. 

Jeff_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Gremlinshighfive, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

As a means of testing, can you please check the issue with the headphones with another device to see if the issue persists, or if it only occurs with the Xperia phone? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post