Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Soundsport free - right earbud stopped working

I'm having an issue with my right soundsport free ear bud. When I put it in the case, the light blinks about three times then goes solid, but when I put it in my ear it doesn't come on and say the charge level. If I hold hold down a button to try and wake it up, it makes the power down noise immediately. The right ear bud can't be seen by bose connect, but the left ear bud can.

any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport free - right earbud stopped working

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Socal_Mike, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am deeply sorry that I wasn't able to assist you further via this platform.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello @Social_mike ,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the charging issue that you've had with your SoundSport Free headphones and would be happy to look into this for you!

In this instance, I would be suggesting that you look at checking the following for this:

1) Please connect your charging case to a computer, click HERE, and check that your system is up to date. 

2) Please try clearing the Bluetooth list for the buds, as well as choosing to forget the headphones from within the connected device. You can usually forget devices from the Bluetooth settings of a connected device, whilst clearing the Bluetooth list on the headphones is done by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared".

3) Please clear any debris that might be blocking the contacts on both the headphones and the charging case, and then allow this to charge for 20-60 minutes before checking if you can pair to this again.

4) If you were using the headphones and/or the charging case at extreme hot or cold temperatures, please check this again at room temperature.

Please get back to me to let me know how the above goes!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2019

I am using the headphones at room temp.

The downloader web browser says to call support.or just sits there.

When plugged into the computer, the power lights on the charging case are on and all lights are solid except the rightmost indicator light. The ear bud lights are solid.
When I hold the bluetooth button on the right ear bud it either beeps constantly or makes the power off noise.
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Socal_Mike, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am deeply sorry that I wasn't able to assist you further via this platform.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

It seems that my right earbud quit charging sometime last week. I didn't realize it because the case is usually fully charged & I don't always put them in fast enough to hear how charged the buds are. I can't even get the computer to recognize that the earbuds are in the case to troubleshoot. Any suggestions on how to move forward would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Sound Sport Free right bud doesn’t charge

When connecting the right bud to the charging case, the indicator is fast blinking white. In the manual, it says: Error: Contact Bose customer service. Any ideas of what could have happened? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

The right earbud will not turn on.

There is a beeping sound when play is held but no other noise. When in the charging case (which seems to be working normally) there is no light next to it. The light next to the left earbud is solid white.

When I have connected the buds to my tablet to update it via the Bose installer, I receive a message that the right earbud is missing from the charging case.

I have read the relevant support and forum posts but without success.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Soundsport wirelesss headphones - right bud not working at all

I have seen few posts regarding this, but didn't find any resolution that I can use right now as service center are closed due to pandemic.

My right ear bud is not working at all, left one is working fine. When I connect it to the charger, it blinks 3 times and then constant white light, where left earbud charges properly. When I pick them up from charger case, there is no light on right earbud. 
Anything I can follow to reset the earphones? There is no response even when I'm pressing the buttons on right bud, so don't know how to reset it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

hello my soundsport free does not emit sound and when removed from the case the blue light does not turn on, only the white light on the left side flashes. Nothing happens when you press it for 10 seconds, either. And my device doesn't detect it, even if I disable and enable bluetooth mode

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Bose Soundsport free

I can’t get my Soundsport Frees to connect to save my life. They worked perfectly fine 2 days ago. There was a software update on my iPhone two nights ago and now they won’t connect. The left ear bud only flashes white and the right one doesn’t flash at all. My device is missing from Bose Connect also. I deleted the headphones from my devices Bluetooth list thinking I can just reconnect but nothing is working. They and the charging case are fully charged.