Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brick Forrest
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Soundsport free wireless headphones lose sound in wavelike pattern

My soundsport free wireless headphones every 5 - 10 minutes will wave back and forth between the two ears.  In other words, the sound will go away in one ear and then come back only to be lost in the other ear.  They will back and forth four or five times before restoring to normal.  This happens on my android phone and my i-pad (the only devices I use these headphones on).  I have, after some effort and apparent luck, got my earphones to link to my Bose Connect app on my phone and I updated the firmware.  This issue is actually why I did that but the update did not fix it.  Please let me know what can be done to repair this issue.

Thanks,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundsport free wireless headphones lose sound in wavelike pattern

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Sean, thanks for following up!

I'm sorry to hear that the updates have not resolved this. I would be happy to see what we can do to narrow this down for you.

Firstly, can I ask what music service(s) you are using when listening with these buds on your devices? If more than one service is used, are you able to attribute this audio experience to a single service, track or station, or is this an issue across all platforms?

If this is across all platforms, my suggestion would be to get in touch with your local region regarding service for this headset. You would be able to do this by clicking here, selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or updates, or if this is linked to a single service!

Liam W 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Hi Brick Forrest, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear this and would love to assist you further with this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting that you have attempted so far and would love to recommend some other steps. I would firstly recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones via:

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

As well as clearing the Bluetooth list on the headphones by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared. Once cleared, your product is ready to connect a new device.

Please update the community on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Brick Forrest
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Thank you for responding.  As far as resetting the ear buds, I take them to and from the office in their case and plug them in in both locations so I have likely reset them numerous times this week alone.  But I did it again stricly following the directions you gave.  I also cleared the bluetooth list on them and reconnected to my phone; I have done this a few times before trying to get them to connect to the Bose Connect app.  The problem is still there.

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Sean, thanks for following up!

I'm sorry to hear that the updates have not resolved this. I would be happy to see what we can do to narrow this down for you.

Firstly, can I ask what music service(s) you are using when listening with these buds on your devices? If more than one service is used, are you able to attribute this audio experience to a single service, track or station, or is this an issue across all platforms?

If this is across all platforms, my suggestion would be to get in touch with your local region regarding service for this headset. You would be able to do this by clicking here, selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or updates, or if this is linked to a single service!

Liam W 

Brick Forrest
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I almost exclusively use Spotify.  It absolutely happens with that service.  I will see if it happens with any others.

Brick Forrest
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

It happened in Amazon music and Audible.  I will contact support.

Jessie_O

Hi Sean, 

Thank you for following up. 

If you are experiencing the same issue through multiple sources, it is likely there is an issue with the headset. I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support team for assistance using the link @Liam_W posted in an earlier post. 

If there is anything else we can please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!