andyla5@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Soundsport rubber and decal looses and falling apart

I have a bose soundsport wireless and the rubber is completely loose on both sides. Wondering how much is for the replacement? Warranty is expired. I kept them always with care, never used for any workout and never wet on it. Always in room temp. but all of a suddent those rubbers looses and falling out. Please advice if its worth to buy a replacement or just move on with it. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundsport rubber and decal looses and falling apart

Hi,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us." 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

andyla5@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Please let me know if there is a way to fix the earphone or throw them away and move on. The link I received just took me to the Bose forum no where to find out. Forum only discussed people still under warranty with replacement. Thanks!
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi andyla5,

Thanks for responding. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble reaching your local support team. To find a direct contact number for your region :

That should give you the direct contact number for your area.

Regards,

Tony G

jchk
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

I also have the same issue. I considered to glue it with Gorilla Super Glue, but give up finally as I believe it the rubber expanded too much and the shape will be kind of funky. I think it is possible to mail it to some repair expert on Youtube like EEVBlog or Louis Rossmann to see if they can suggest some more proper way to fix it. How do you think?

andyla5@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

I just moved on. Don't bother trying to contact any customer support, they make you go around and then end up here again. Try the Jaybird, bestbuy have them onsale $59 when i got it. It sounds very nice bass and mid the same as the bose. They provided very good customer service. For now I I'm using both bose and jaybird. I still have a whole collection of boses soundsports and QCs to enjoy. Try other brands to see, you might like them for cheaper price with same performance or better.

Toan Bui Duc
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2019

I had the same situation, and I have been replaced 3 new pair since bough from 2016.

I see the current using one with the Date of Manufacturing: May, 2018 fixed the rubber detached issue.

BTW, the Bose customer service is excellent.

I'm from Vietnam, although the warranty expired in 1 year but I still received new one under warranty according to its the date of manufacturing rather than the purchase date.